Dumbass] Conspiracy theorists are blindingly stupid. Literally

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Conspiracy Theorists Say Everyone Should Stare at the Eclipse Without Eye Protection​

If they’re telling us to not look at the eclipse, it’s prolly good for us to LOOK AT THE ECLIPSE,” one X user wrote on Wednesday.

Other users shared their own experiences, including people who say they regularly stare at the sun, an activity known as sungazing that’s popular among some fringe New Age communities.

“I’ve always looked at eclipses plus almost every day I will stare at the sun for about 5 minutes. I’m not blind yet. They lied about that,” another X user chimed in.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Conspiracy Theorists Say Everyone Should Stare at the Eclipse Without Eye Protection​

If they’re telling us to not look at the eclipse, it’s prolly good for us to LOOK AT THE ECLIPSE,” one X user wrote on Wednesday.

Other users shared their own experiences, including people who say they regularly stare at the sun, an activity known as sungazing that’s popular among some fringe New Age communities.

“I’ve always looked at eclipses plus almost every day I will stare at the sun for about 5 minutes. I’m not blind yet. They lied about that,” another X user chimed in.
Sounds like something Joe Rogan would do a full podcast on.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Actually, they're recommending the opposite, though I suspect that's partly related to their fear of being sued if they said it was OK to view an eclipse without proper eyewear:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/solar-eclipse-eye-safety-can-staring-cause-blindness

Pretty sad that you have to assume a news network (most viewed in America) only tells the truth out of fear of being sued for hundreds of millions of dollars.

Say what you want about the biases or issues with the major networks, none come close to Fox. And I promise you those other networks have been far more fair and unbiased in their coverage of Joe Biden than Fox has Trump. It’s not even close, actually.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
but you know they wish they could.

I do too, a couple of blinded but otherwise healthy republicans would be a good visual aid (ironic!) of the effects of Trumpism. Republican misinformation harms all of us, but actually physically harmful Republican fodder seems to hurt republicans. How many liberals died of COVID when their prayers and hydroxychloroquine failed them? Probably more republicans, I’d wager.

Not taking any joy in that, but cults get people killed one way or the other.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

I have no issues with that. Not to be cruel, but the people buying into this shouldn't even be reproducing. So if they want to blind themselves, it doesn't really bother me. Let it be a cautionary tale for the next generation. It's not like you could change their minds about this and suddenly they're going to turn into doctors and rocket scientists. The best outcome would be an idiot with eyesight.

There's too much pain and suffering in this world and people who truly need help. I don't have time to care about idiots who take serious warnings as some sort of personal challenge.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. At least they can’t say they weren’t warned. I bet those sunburns people get aren’t from the sun either, must be the radiation from the 5G antennas.

I’d like to think these people are not legitimate and are just trolling because the level of idiocy is incomprehensible—but I have to remind myself indeed people this dumb exist.

The other day at work I literally had to explain that bacteria causes infections to a 37 year old and why MRSA abscesses cannot be treated with bleach.

(It’s actually a good thing she asked the question because in our dialog I came to suspect and later confirmed she had untreated Type II diabetes. I wouldn’t have uncovered that had she not asked the question.)

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Did Jesus come back? I had my glasses, saw the eclipse, thought it was neat, went back inside. I did no doomsday prep so hopefully Jesus is late or cancelled his appointment this year.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Let’s see how many rednecks destroy their retinas and blame Joe Biden. The sun never did that when Trump was president.

Actually it did. ;)

I have another conspiracy, with some proof -

Donald Trump made every day of his administration “Bring Your Daughter to Work” day. Highly probable evidence of an incestuous relationship.

Guess you haven't read Ashley Biden's diary. You know the one everyone considered a fake until the DOJ tried to put the person who "stole" it in jail.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Actually it did. ;)

Guess you haven't read Ashley Biden's diary. You know the one everyone considered a fake until the DOJ tried to put the person who "stole" it in jail.

Have you? What does Ashley Biden actually have to say? Or is this unverified conservative fodder? Rhetorical question. No need for unverified info from Trump, we have the tapes and if I’m not mistaken, his daughter had an official White House role throughout his tenure.

I swear, if Trump was caught f****g a pig, the right would have “proof” of Biden’s beastiality the next day - with no condemnation of Trump to be had.

Top Bottom
1 2