File under - ok, they got me

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Anyway as usual during politically fraught times, my "following" list bloomed like a dystopian film about a lab's Petri dish contents getting out of hand. So now I'll revert to following only the main accounts of publications to which I subscribe.... and of course the few accounts I can't resist following bc.. well... cuteness or else just random good mornings.,

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1326487178860441601/

That goat should have a name. I vote in favor of "Tim the Enchanter".

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It's a great strategy tho. Their ugly look is for the dead on performance playing 'possum. North-Americas only marsupial. Gotta low 'em!

Yah their play-dead thing is a court of last resort sorta thing. If they still think they can defend from a hiding place though, they'll show those teeth and hiss and generally try to scare hell out of the intruder. I like them a peg or five above skunks...

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
This still cracks me up.

I've always liked this one. It's straight and to the point.

khZ0C6mA.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Sometimes it really pays off to evolve with a high level of the "adorable" attribute, that's for sure with panda bears anyway. But they couldn't have known 19 million years ago, when they diverged from other bears, that we'd come along and find their black and whiteness so cute that we'd work extra hard to save their species when it became threatened by habitat loss.

When my sister and brother-in-law were dairy farmers, one of their female barn cats adopted a small litter of baby skunks after something must have happened to the mama skunk... so that the little ones, about two or three weeks short of being weaned, had straggled crying into the farm lane alongside the barn one morning and were spotted by Mama Kitty. She dragged them one by one under the barn to where she used to hide her own litters, and nursed them for those extra few weeks until they naturally turned to foraging for grass and bugs on their own. She'd lead them out from under the barn and head out into the meadow and eventually they stopped showing up back at their adoptive home.

I said I couldn't imagine why the mama kitty would rescue baby skunks, but my sister said "well just look at them, they're so cute"... which of course as babies they really were! Still don't know if Mama Kitty rescued them for that reason though. I was just astounded to see them parading around behind her.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Because we need a thread where we cop to it when we get sucked into cute.
I can't believe it took me so long to find this thread, lol.

Anyway, I can't decide if the horse was trying to help or not. But it's adorable and I know what it's like to be height challenged. Either way, it's a beautiful horse and child. :love:

Top Bottom
1 2