got a HomeKit outdoor camera its pretty interesting.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have had arlo cameras for several years. they have never been perfect like late notifications by several minutes sometimes it wont even Cath a delivery and thats pretty much impossible with the position. when I changed over to HomeKit I could not get the arlo to connect. dos I finally got a new Logitech circle view camera. pretty easy to connect plus it into usb. connect to wifi and HomeKit pops up and connects it up. you need a cloud+ account to record but if you have that its free and does not go against your storage. it has person and vehicle and package and animal recognition. I found the camera sends the data to your HomePod or Apple TV and that processes the video and sends a notification if it meets your specifications. but it will also recognize face that are in your include liberty under names.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I use Hoobs running on a raspberry pi to make my Ring cameras slightly HomeKit compatible - it makes them show up in the Home app, etc. Not full support. Not much of a reason to do it, other than for giggles.

Top Bottom
1 2