Hospitals Are in Serious Trouble

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems like that's where we're at right now, what else can you do? If nothing else it seems like this is blowing through like a raging fire and will hopefully burn out quickly.

Just learned that they got only 40% of the tests back so far, and 2% of those were positive. The positive students will have to pass an antigen test, given on-campus, so at least that’s an improvement over the bizarre CDC 5-day advice (which actually penalizes you for testing after 5 days).

Sounds like they are going to switch labs for the PCR tests, too, and given them weekly. Interestingly, there hadn’t been *any* student positive tests up until now. (People out here in Silicon Valley are pretty careful - high vaccination and juvenile vaccination rates, high booster rates, and masks indoors are the rule, and most people I see are wearing masks outdoors if they are within shouting distance of other people.). N95 has become a lot more common in the last couple weeks. Omicron renders most of that meaningless, at least in terms of infections.

U

User.45

Just learned that they got only 40% of the tests back so far, and 2% of those were positive. The positive students will have to pass an antigen test, given on-campus, so at least that’s an improvement over the bizarre CDC 5-day advice (which actually penalizes you for testing after 5 days).

Sounds like they are going to switch labs for the PCR tests, too, and given them weekly. Interestingly, there hadn’t been *any* student positive tests up until now. (People out here in Silicon Valley are pretty careful - high vaccination and juvenile vaccination rates, high booster rates, and masks indoors are the rule, and most people I see are wearing masks outdoors if they are within shouting distance of other people.). N95 has become a lot more common in the last couple weeks. Omicron renders most of that meaningless, at least in terms of infections.
We just got an email about the classes for both kids being on-line due to positivities in both class. My wife is on the verge of a mental breakdown. Fourth of their unit is also converted into COVID ICU. I suspect it means next week's gonna be about survival again...

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We just got an email about the classes for both kids being on-line due to positivities in both class. My wife is on the verge of a mental breakdown. Fourth of their unit is also converted into COVID ICU. I suspect it means next week's gonna be about survival again...

Our school is taking the position that omicron is not stoppable and keeping them home isn’t going to stop them from getting it anyway, I guess. Since they all have to be vaccinated in this school, it’s probably the right way to go. But last week being remote brought back bad memories of the first year of the epidemic. My kid loves it, but it definitely negatively affects her mental condition, and the teachers have to back off their normal curriculum.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
California state health department just announced that staff may return back to work immediately, even if they are positive as long as they are asymptomatic. :oops: As you can imagine healthcare workers are pushing back in a big way.

Rhode Island or Vermont did this a week or so ago.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My kid loves it, but it definitely negatively affects her mental condition, and the teachers have to back off their normal curriculum.

This is going to be the biggest long-term issue of this pandemic. In addition to the mental issues that are happening with these kids, they simply aren't learning what they need to. Parents who value education will do more to help their kids, but many parents either won't or can't.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The healthcare system is buckling at the hands of antivaxxers, it's a shame too. They're all out there holding up their signs against drugs then ending up in the hospital unable to breathe and begging for them.

How a minority of STUPID ruins it for the species. It’s just heart breaking to know that there are a significant number of us who don’t deserve to succeed, because we are just not smart enough.

If you are Christian, you can tell yourself we have been made in God’s image and he is perfect so everything it does is on purpose. On that basis, you should be reevaluating what the real plan is here for The Earth Simulator. Maybe for the next life, going down in flames is a valuable lesson, for some spiritual perspective. I’ve been thinking for a long while, The Simulator is just a vacation, a change of pace, an opportunity for little fun, suffering and mayhem. ;)

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
California state health department just announced that staff may return back to work immediately, even if they are positive as long as they are asymptomatic. :oops: As you can imagine healthcare workers are pushing back in a big way.
Gosh, if everyone was vaccinated… :unsure: Should we be thanking the Head Shit for this gift, even though recently he got booed for mentioning vaccination? Donny got a little too wrapped up in the manipulation game, tieing himself up.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
This isn't really vaccine or Covid related. Or a hospital in serious trouble. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I just didn't know where else to stick it.

This is both the nearest hospital if needed, and my employer.

Top Bottom
1 2