How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Interesting contrast yesterday.

The NFL Draft, held in Cleveland over three days, required fans to wear masks. It wasn't universally followed, but I'd say more fans did than didn't. There were crowds, but there was also space to move around.

The Kentucky Derby, held several hundred miles to the south, also had Covid precautions, but you'd be hard pressed to be able to tell. Supposedly the stands were filled to only 40% capacity, but it sure looked like that 40% were all crammed shoulder to shoulder in the lower sections. And hardly a mask to be seen, despite the closeness. The only people I saw consistently wearing masks were the broadcasters covering the race.

Such is the difference between northern Ohio and all of Kentucky, I guess.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
She'd be shocked what's Botox made of. She also wasn't too afraid of getting some collagen pumped in her mouth.:D Apparently this isn't really about the fear of needles.

That video is really asking for a lawsuit. She looks like they added dermal fillers too. I wonder what she would think of the ingredients used in some of those.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This is likely the way forward.
So now we’re paying people to do the right thing?

I’m not saying I’m against this, but it does show how low we’ve sunk.

Next we’ll be paying people to not drive drunk.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Because of new virus variants and the fact that we have people that refuse the vaccine, it’s unlikely reaching herd immunity of 80% will be possible.

When the human race becomes extinct someday, it will be due to our own stupidity.

U

User.45

Because of new virus variants and the fact that we have people that refuse the vaccine, it’s unlikely reaching herd immunity of 80% will be possible.

When the human race becomes extinct someday, it will be due to our own stupidity.
Facebook...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Facebook heralded the anti-vaxx movement in country of origin. It also reversed a >95% acceptance rate to like <80% over a matter of a year. Horrific.
I think it’s a confluence of right-wing media (and politicians) constantly repeating the mantra that long-time reliable news sources are lying. People buy into that, and then look for new sources of information. Of course I should trust the system that gives me pictures of my grandkids and stories from my friends! Why would there be lies on such a system?

I wonder if that’s part of it?

U

User.45

I think it’s a confluence of right-wing media (and politicians) constantly repeating the mantra that long-time reliable news sources are lying. People buy into that, and then look for new sources of information. Of course I should trust the system that gives me pictures of my grandkids and stories from my friends! Why would there be lies on such a system?

I wonder if that’s part of it?
They have a crazy right wing administration that devoured 95% of mainstream media. So there, Facebook constitutes an alternative avenue for suppressed information. So there it's also a system that gives them legitimate info based on leaks the government is hiding. It’s fucked up.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
So now we’re paying people to do the right thing?

I’m not saying I’m against this, but it does show how low we’ve sunk.

Next we’ll be paying people to not drive drunk.
If you paid in drinks? :unsure:

You might be on to something.

Next night's opening round on the house! :greenthumb:

U

User.45

If you paid in drinks? :unsure:

You might be on to something.

Next night's opening round on the house! :greenthumb:
Reuters featured Cannabis activists giving away free joints if you show you got a shot. It really baffled me...CBD is an anti-inflammatory that could significant impact on the efficacy of the vaccines... There's some data showing reducing the efficacy of cancer immunotherapy by ~30%. So on one end it seems awesome treating pain and inflammation, but it may be detrimental when inflammation is beneficial for the treatment effect.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Reuters featured Cannabis activists giving away free joints if you show you got a shot. It really baffled me...CBD is an anti-inflammatory that could significant impact on the efficacy of the vaccines... There's some data showing reducing the efficacy of cancer immunotherapy by ~30%. So on one end it seems awesome treating pain and inflammation, but it may be detrimental when inflammation is beneficial for the treatment effect.
IF you could point me to where those free joints were given.

I just got my second shot Friday.

Thanx in advance.

Top Bottom
1 2