I Just Bought One Of These Trendy New Mechanical Keyboards.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
For $350, I need to see the wood. Cute I can skip. The holes in the base are tiny, but grot is even tinier.

I don't know if they make a keyboard that's THAT open. The board above is probably the closest you can get.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I guess it will be up to me to build one. I was imagining a cross-connected meshwork with switches in the top frame bar so that there would be nowhere for falling crap or beverages to accumulate except on the desk. Simply because the long Royal levers would not be practicable. And it would have te advantage of far fewer electrical switches (at the cost of slightly greater mechanical complexity).

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I guess it will be up to me to build one. I was imagining a cross-connected meshwork with switches in the top frame bar so that there would be nowhere for falling crap or beverages to accumulate except on the desk. Simply because the long Royal levers would not be practicable. And it would have te advantage of far fewer electrical switches (at the cost of slightly greater mechanical complexity).

I imagine you could do it with existing tech, though it'd be difficult to get the lever action just right.

Top Bottom
1 2