iMessage: Apple bubbles are blue, Android/SMS bubbles are green. So why is the Icon green? Discuss...

U

User.191

Only took me 6 years...and a glass of Long Island Iced tea and a Baileys' infused coffee until I noticed this...

If Apple have all iMessage bubbles in Blue and SMS/Android in green, why the hell is the bloody icon green? :unsure:

#GreenGate....

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
I had no idea, but from doing a little light reading I found out iOS 5 introduced iMessage, learn something new every day. (started my journey on a iPhone 4)

and the iPhone 2G used a green logo with SMS written in the middle so I guess they just decided to keep it green all this time?

Blue makes much more sense to me though.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The green icon is older than the blue message bubbles. It matches the color of the green phone icon and green FaceTime icon.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They’ll probably turn it blue at some point, calling it a game changing update, like getting me all excited about a mute button on the new Apple TV remote.
Holy hell! I love that mute button!!

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Yeah, as stated, the original text bubbles were green - then came iMessage and blue bubbles. :) Heh. The majority of the people I message are still android users, so the green bubbles are more prevalent. :)

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Only took me 6 years...and a glass of Long Island Iced tea and a Baileys' infused coffee until I noticed this...

If Apple have all iMessage bubbles in Blue and SMS/Android in green, why the hell is the bloody icon green? :unsure:

#GreenGate....
I started reading “Apple bubbles are blue, Android/SMS bubbles are green” and expected a poem…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I finally tried the circular scrubbing thing, although the old method still works. I think I like it?
It’s hit or miss. For a few days I was scrubbing away. The last few days I can’t get it to work at all. 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom
1 2