iPhone 15 pre-orders

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s gotten better at least. But I remember the era when going in to pick up say OS X Leopard was a rather nice launch event. Got to meet someone that brought their leopard spotted cat along to the launch. People were generally in a good mood and there was no need to scalp a bunch of pressed DVDs.

When the iPhone became the thing, I stopped, because I was getting older and it stopped being fun. For this, at least I could go online, schedule a pickup window or delivery and not worry about it.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s gotten better at least. But I remember the era when going in to pick up say OS X Leopard was a rather nice launch event. Got to meet someone that brought their leopard spotted cat along to the launch. People were generally in a good mood and there was no need to scalp a bunch of pressed DVDs.

When the iPhone became the thing, I stopped, because I was getting older and it stopped being fun. For this, at least I could go online, schedule a pickup window or delivery and not worry about it.
The launch I'll never forget is the one for the original iPhone in June 2007. I had convinced myself to pick one up when the fuss died down in a week or so. But I was at home reading about the excitement of getting the phone, so I went over to an Apple Store and got in line. It was fun talking to other people who were waiting. As I recall, the wait wasn't that long. (I still have the phone and box.)

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The launch I'll never forget is the one for the original iPhone in June 2007. I had convinced myself to pick one up when the fuss died down in a week or so. But I was at home reading about the excitement of getting the phone, so I went over to an Apple Store and got in line. It was fun talking to other people who were waiting. As I recall, the wait wasn't that long. (I still have the phone and box.)

My first iPhone was the 3GS - I think that was in 2009. I stood in the line at Apple's first Palo Alto, CA store, that went around the corner and down the block. Fun times back 14 years ago. Seems like a lot has changed since then.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score

I wound up getting one a bit later as I had a 3G Windows Mobile device at the time, but there were a few that would jokingly refer to me as “the traitor” when I did get one.

But yeah, I’m thinking sometime around the iPhone 4 or 4S where it had picked up enough steam that the lines were more of a chore than fun. When people started camping out overnight.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I wound up getting one a bit later as I had a 3G Windows Mobile device at the time, but there were a few that would jokingly refer to me as “the traitor” when I did get one.

But yeah, I’m thinking sometime around the iPhone 4 or 4S where it had picked up enough steam that the lines were more of a chore than fun. When people started camping out overnight.
Yeah, camping out overnight is something I wouldn't do for a phone. I might do it for a Beatles reunion show, but it would have to include all four of them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just got my UPS shipment and the guy said they ARE requiring signatures and that so many people were not home and he is not leaving them at their door.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just got my UPS shipment and the guy said they ARE requiring signatures and that so many people were not home and he is not leaving them at their door.

Interesting. I ordered Watch Ultra 2, and the UPS “sender” field says “AI [redactd] RESI NO SIG NPI”

I haven’t seen a long blurb like that before - usually it just refers to “ai,” but I took the NO SIG part to be some sort of instruction to not require a signature. Perhaps because iphones do and watches don’t, they put that front and center instead of a different field? I dunno.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Interesting. I ordered Watch Ultra 2, and the UPS “sender” field says “AI [redactd] RESI NO SIG NPI”

I haven’t seen a long blurb like that before - usually it just refers to “ai,” but I took the NO SIG part to be some sort of instruction to not require a signature. Perhaps because iphones do and watches don’t, they put that front and center instead of a different field? I dunno.
Yeah that is interesting, let us know if they ask you to sign when you get your items. I got so many notifications that I'm sure this was in there one way or the other because it looks familiar.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
One thing I'm really liking off the bat is the always on feature, can now see notifications and all without even touching it, awesome!

Sending my 13 PM back and the device was in perfect condition underneath these protective covers, which took a beating over the last couple of years. :D

IMG_1885.JPG

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah that is interesting, let us know if they ask you to sign when you get your items. I got so many notifications that I'm sure this was in there one way or the other because it looks familiar.
I did have to sign.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I might do it for a Beatles reunion show, but it would have to include all four of them.
It is that special event. Really, really expensive. After the appropriate titration of cocktails, there are four of them on the stage. (It costs so much not because of the alcohol but because of massive geezertude: every mixologist must be accompanied by two paramedics.)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I didn't expect a power brick but am bummed I have buy new USB-C headphones.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, camping out overnight is something I wouldn't do for a phone. I might do it for a Beatles reunion show, but it would have to include all four of them.

I never did the overnight thing, but those who did were unsurprisingly not great conversationalists in the morning.

I didn't expect a power brick but am bummed I have buy new USB-C headphones.

I think I need to try plugging my USB/BT headphones in. Topping them up from the phone while listening seems like it could be useful.

Altaic

Power User
Reaction score
My iPhone 15 Pro Max made it all of 12 hours before falling out of my pocket and landing squarely corner down on my slippered toe. No case, quite painful, but no damage.

So I’m in the market for a case now. Hoping to find something super slim; any recommendations?

Last edited:

Aaronage

Power User
Reaction score
Speaking of the good old 6, some dude is tryna gin up a fresh new bend-ghazi. Trying a little too hard, methinks.
What gets me most about that kind of content is how desperately they want to be seen as conducting legitimate and necessary testing. They delude themselves into believing the tests are insightful in some way to offset the guilt from simply enjoying mindless, wasteful tech destruction.

Top Bottom
1 2