MacRumors allowing unsubstantiated posts about the death of another user

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is Maflynn Mike? I also noticed he quit or retired or ... something. Quite a bit of change over there.... And agreed about troll comment - it's one of many reasons I've taken a huge step back from forums lately (personal life reasons mostly - nothing bad) - work getting heavy these days.

Never thought I'd ever see the day Maflynn and RP leave that place.

RP claims Maflynn was forced out, or that MR mistreated him somehow, and that’s why RP quit. I don’t think we know anything more than that.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Kind of surprised about Maflynn departing, but don't know anything about the circumstances.

As for that other guy, I remain surprised he wasn't actually booted a long time ago.
For him to leave because of his mod friend, I’d say the reason he wasn’t booted was because his friend was protecting him during the post review process. I didn’t cross swords too many times with RP but I did get PM’s on a few occasions warning me not to argue with him or I’d be banned from other posters. I hadn’t realised he was a friend of a mod at that point though.

He was very opinionated and patronising to people if they disagreed with him. I also didn’t get the impression he wasn’t as wealthy as he liked to brag but I can overlook that sort of thing as it’s inoffensive. The tone is a lot nicer on the car threads as I think people are sharing their experiences without a resident expert smacking them down.

The whole announcing the death of a member he didn’t even know was beyond weird though. Not sure how he thought that was appropriate and how he thought it would pan out, especially if this supposed demised poster turned up as he evidently did!!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Kind of surprised about Maflynn departing, but don't know anything about the circumstances.

As for that other guy, I remain surprised he wasn't actually booted a long time ago.
Agree.

However, if maflynn was indeed encouraged to depart, I suspect that it may have been because it came to be perceived that he may have been harming, or hurting, the business.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Agree.

However, if maflynn was indeed encouraged to depart, I suspect that it may have been because it came to be perceived that he may have been harming, or hurting, the business.

It's too bad if Maflynn ended up departing over behavior related to moderation or politicking, since if I recall properly, his input to technical discussions over there had often been considered valuable by other members.

There's an old saying that no one gets lost on a straight road, but I dunno about that. Sometimes the rest stops and exits aren't clearly marked, and as far as social media forums are concerned, no road ends up without its curves and dips and detours now and then.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's too bad if Maflynn ended up departing over behavior related to moderation or politicking, since if I recall properly, his input to technical discussions over there had often been considered valuable by other members.

There's an old saying that no one gets lost on a straight road, but I dunno about that. Sometimes the rest stops and exits aren't clearly marked, and as far as social media forums are concerned, no road ends up without its curves and dips and detours now and then.
My recollection of maflynn is he seemed to hate apple products and didn’t really know much about the technology, but I could be confusing him with another mod.

Top Bottom
1 2