Madonna refusing to grow old gracefully

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I honestly think this is pretty sad considering how much she’s been a fashion and style icon for decades across multiple generations. Her style was unique but I felt accessible most of the time, even periods of elegant class. I think she’s misguided if she thinks she is inspiring women who are 60+ with the way she presents herself now. If anything it’s inspiring to women who are equally delusional about getting older. I see it as a real missed opportunity to show you can still be and look sexy in your later years without trying to promote lingerie as everyday attire.

Am I wrong here? Am I some kind of “dress your age” misogynist?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Really haven't thought about Madonna for over a decade. I thought she just decided to get out of the spotlight a long time ago.

*Googles Madonna for recent news*

Yeesh... I thought that look died out.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m not even willing to go look for it. I’m perfectly happy getting my fashion advice from … nowhere. (And if you could see my wardrobe, you’d understand that. 🤣)

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I follow her on Instagram. Her fashion doesn’t bother me. As long as people aren’t hurting others I’m live and let live.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
First of all, I'm of the belief that comparing anything from the real world to "what Madonna does", it's an amusing and pointless exercise.

I also think judging what women should wear based on some of the red carpet photos I've seen from other celebrities, is an equally silly waste of time.

Celebrities are nearly their own species.

Having now Googled the pictures I presume we're referring to, I think a smile would improve the look more than anything else. I'm not saying it's a bad outfit. Or that she looks bad. But the two together is like putting ketchup on my jello, in my opinion of course.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I’m not even willing to go look for it. I’m perfectly happy getting my fashion advice from … nowhere. (And if you could see my wardrobe, you’d understand that. 🤣)
Yep, not sure what the point of this post is without a link or a pic but yean, no way I'm going to go digging it up. 🤷‍♂️

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Really haven't thought about Madonna for over a decade. I thought she just decided to get out of the spotlight a long time ago.

*Googles Madonna for recent news*

Yeesh... I thought that look died out.
I think it's a timeless classic. lol.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I honestly think this is pretty sad considering how much she’s been a fashion and style icon for decades across multiple generations. Her style was unique but I felt accessible most of the time, even periods of elegant class. I think she’s misguided if she thinks she is inspiring women who are 60+ with the way she presents herself now. If anything it’s inspiring to women who are equally delusional about getting older. I see it as a real missed opportunity to show you can still be and look sexy in your later years without trying to promote lingerie as everyday attire.

Am I wrong here? Am I some kind of “dress your age” misogynist?
Is there a missing link? :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe it's in reference to her appearance at the VMAs yesterday. It would be nice to have confirmation, and a link so we'd know what is being discussed, but, well...
Oh…. I agree with post 1 which equates to it’s time to moderate your dress code to indicate your advancing age or risk looking like a clown. :oops:

A2407E8D-9D32-4A2B-879E-98D5B94034CA.jpeg

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
FFS people ...

*searches for Madonna at VMAs*

1631711035543.png

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I looked through the photos last night from the Met Gala. Almost every last one of those people is in costume. There were a handful wearing “traditional” formal wear. It’s not just Madonna.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry for not putting up the VMAs picture. It was the most recent reminder, but it's not like she's dressed vastly different for her performances over the past decade.

I’d probably be WTF about anybody her age dressing like that, but with her in particular I see it as a shame that she’s not using her fashion and style icon status to innovate in a way that is more appropriate to her age group. I don’t know what that would be exactly, but it’s not what she’s doing.

Top Bottom
1 2