Mississippi School's Dress Code Is Illegal And Unfair To Transgender Students, ACLU says

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
girls cant wear pants or shorts on dresses? what is this the 1800's?
The Mississippi school’s dress code policy for the 2023-2024 school year states that students must adhere to the “dress attire consistent with their biological sex” and that boys must wear shorts or pants and girls must wear dresses or skirts.
In practice, this policy has had harmful and humiliating consequences for transgender girls and gender-nonconforming cisgender girls alike, the complaint alleges.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
girls cant wear pants or shorts on dresses? what is this the 1800's?
The Mississippi school’s dress code policy for the 2023-2024 school year states that students must adhere to the “dress attire consistent with their biological sex” and that boys must wear shorts or pants and girls must wear dresses or skirts.
In practice, this policy has had harmful and humiliating consequences for transgender girls and gender-nonconforming cisgender girls alike, the complaint alleges.

The party of freedom and parental decision making. A straight cisgender girl can't wear a pair of pants? Forget dress code, I want to know what pervo in the modern day era thinks that's ok.

I mean, its stupid that anyone who wants to wear a pair of pants cannot, regardless of gender, sexuality or identity. And if you break it down further, its also stupid to not let someone wear a dress or skirt. Most people aren't suddenly going to want to wear different clothes (or use a different bathroom) just because you let them express themselves.

I'm not against dress codes, and I suppose for private schools its different. Public schools? Nah, we need consensus and to listen to experts, not conservative boneheads who can't see there's not really much difference in Roddy Piper coming to the ring with a kilt or some kid wearing a dress or pair of pants. Who gives an actual ****, why not focus on ending bullying and improving education? This crap does neither.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They should just make everybody regardless of gender wear orange jumpsuits to get them used to the attire of the career their state education is preparing them for.
I actually once recommended that our school uniform be caftans for all. It would solve a plethora of issues from skirts that are too short, to pants that hang below the crotch. I still think it’s a great solution for high school.

Top Bottom
1 2