Mob storms Capitol

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Let’s hope it doesn’t turn out like the massive Twitter blood bath protest of 1 earlier this week.

View attachment 2781

Yeah, who's gonna take on all those National Guardsmen anyway.

They canceled the Amtrak thing but only moved the rehearsal of inauguration out a day to Monday. Hell maybe just to give everyone a chance to think again how they want to do the inauguration. Biden's nominee to head up DHS just dropped her getting-ready-for-confirmation prep to join the security honchos from FBI and Secret Service who are charged with ensuring security for the event.

I think there are still concerns about allegiances and potential idiocies at the planned inauguration. Question is not being seen as backing down to domestic terrorists worth the risk to the safety of the principals and invited guests at public ceremonies. Everyone from congress gets to bring one guest and they had been told by Pelosi to RSVP by tonight, so maybe they need time to vet them all for this particular inauguration, "all things considered".

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, who's gonna take on all those National Guardsmen anyway.

They canceled the Amtrak thing but only moved the rehearsal of inauguration out a day to Monday. Hell maybe just to give everyone a chance to think again how they want to do the inauguration. Biden's nominee to head up DHS just dropped her getting-ready-for-confirmation prep to join the security honchos from FBI and Secret Service who are charged with ensuring security for the event.

I think there are still concerns about allegiances and potential idiocies at the planned inauguration. Question is not being seen as backing down to domestic terrorists worth the risk to the safety of the principals and invited guests at public ceremonies. Everyone from congress gets to bring one guest and they had been told by Pelosi to RSVP by tonight, so maybe they need time to vet them all for this particular inauguration, "all things considered".

I read an article yesterday saying the leaders of these "patriot" groups are telling their members to sit this one out. Leader of the Proud Boys actually said "Time to chill."

lizkat

Reaction score
I read an article yesterday saying the leaders of these "patriot" groups are telling their members to sit this one out. Leader of the Proud Boys actually said "Time to chill."

Yeah well the leader of the Proud Boys is banned from being in DC until his trial sometime in June is what I read somewhere... so he might as well chill !!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jesus fuck. My roommate, a man my senior and fellow left leaner like me who I respect on multiple levels, believes the 9/11 conspiracy was completely pulled off by the US government. He's also mostly removed from politics beyond occasional MSNBC and CNN exposure, but he'll completely deep dive on nutritional facts on vegetarianism (oddly not vegan) vs. meat consumption. He also highly enjoys keeping up with local politics, including just for fun watching current local government zoom meetings. When I point out the evils of the Democrat party he seems shocked to offended.

It completely grates on my nerves that he is incapable of taking the actions of the Trump administration for the last 4 years and specifically the last few months at face value. He thinks it's all an elaborate orchestrated scheme, the left version of the deep state. Fuck!

MarkusL

Power User
Reaction score
I honestly don’t have a problem with people being in home confinement instead of jail before their trial date, even this guy. That being said, it had to be a bit of a judgment call on the part of the judge: is this guy crazy enough that he will commit violent crimes before his trial?
I would be more comfortable with it if his employer had denounced his actions and committed to keeping him away from their Boeing 737 until the inauguration.

lizkat

Reaction score
I agree it is highly unfortunate. I think more jurisdictions should follow the model of pre-trial services in Washington DC. I know more places are ending cash bail, but there are still too many places that have it, thereby unfairly locking people up pre-trial for one reason only: they don’t have money.

Surely there are exceptions though. A common sense one would seem to be an arrest related to breach of the Capitol in aid of disrupting the business of a sitting government and being in possession of zip ties on that occasion (as opposed to a Starbucks coffee cup or 20oz of bottled water).

I suppose Mr. ShowedUpWithZipTies is under surveillance though? Some poor sod in the FBI who had messed up and was recently assigned to look out for Yeti in the northern reaches of Minnesota has probably been pulled off that duty and is now parked in a car outside wherever Mr, Zip lives.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Surely there are exceptions though. A common sense one would seem to be an arrest related to breach of the Capitol in aid of disrupting the business of a sitting government and being in possession of zip ties on that occasion (as opposed to a Starbucks coffee cup or 20oz of bottled water). I suppose Mr. ShowedUpWithZipTies is under surveillance though? Some poor sod in the FBI who had messed up and was recently assigned to look out for Yeti in the northern reaches of Minnesota has probably been pulled off that duty and is now parked in a car outside wherever Mr, Zip lives.

He has to wear an ankle monitor and his internet access is restricted. Sounds like his ex-wife called the FBI and he also turned himself in. The prosecution really didn’t want him released, so those indicating racial bias from the Texas judge are probably correct.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
DAMN!! 👀
Er3WIHnWMAEpqhI

lizkat

Reaction score
A guy who was stopped at a DC checkpoint yesterday was apparently overoptimistic about his chances of attending the inauguration.

What's weird about the piece is that only the headline refers to the detainee holding inauthentic credentials...

The man, Wesley A. Beeler, of Front Royal, Va., was charged with five crimes, including illegal possession of a weapon and ammunition, according to the report.

Mr. Beeler had driven to a security checkpoint on E Street NE in Washington, where officers found he had a Glock pistol, 509 rounds for the pistol and 21 shotgun shells, the report said

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Wonderful piece in today's (Jan 16) Guardian about how some of the US Capitol rioters (or insurrectionists) claim that they were "listening to the President", but, now that they have been arrested, seem stunned that they "are facing a prison sentence" and are pleading with the President to pardon them (before his inglorious term of office comes to an end next week).

Does Mr Trump pardon "losers"? Or, even allies?

Or, is he more likely - with his characteristic lack of gratitude - to throw these "useful idiots" (Lenin's term) under the proverbial bus, by turning a deaf ear to their pleas, as he sets about busying himself with the details of packing prior to his departure from the White House?

Top Bottom
1 2