NCAA Football 2021 Season

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Good! This was a cheap move and the refs should have thrown the flag on hit.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I like NCAA better than NFL – unless it is something like LSU vs Alcorn State – but their officiating can be sub-par, like that one game a few years back when a TE dropped a lateral and it was treated as an incomplete pass instead of a live ball.

Or the multiple times a team has been given a 5th down. :eek:

I like both, but the college game with it's spread offenses is just more exciting. And the atmosphere at a college game is much better than the NFL.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
More about the '22 season and going forward, but Deion is making things happen.

They had been talking about signings like this but they were mostly related to BB. ie a couple of 5-stars who know each other from AAU decide to go a HBCU and run the table and win the NCAA's. That could easily happen.

But football has many more moving parts and a couple of stars will help, especially at the 1-AA* level (like Randy Moss at Marshall). But not like they can in BB. Still, good for Deion.

* yes I know it is now the FCS, but I always knew it as 1-AA so it sticks

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Well, we are down to the end.

And it is pretty much what we already knew, the SEC is the best conference in college football. The rest are pretenders.

I thought Cincinnati played well. It was certainly more of a game than Michigan played against Georgia. I would have liked to have seen Oklahoma St play Alabama, but Cincinnati deserved to be there.

Prediction: If Georgia plays as well as they did against Michigan, they will beat Alabama.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I don’t pay much attention to college football, but I used to enjoy watching the bowl games on New Year’s day as a kid. So yesterday I was a little annoyed to see the big games were only available on ESPN. After seeing that they were boring blowouts, I didn’t feel so bad.

College football has become a complete joke when it comes to competitive play. There is no salary cap or any other way to control what teams get what players. So if a team does well for a few years, all the top high school players want to go there. With the new rules allowing players to make money on endorsements, this will only get worse. Why play for any school except Alabama if you’re the top at your position? You will get on TV every week and make big bucks in endorsement deals.

I saw recaps from yesterday’s Alabama - Cincinnati game. Alabama has bigger, better players at pretty much every position. It was like watching varsity vs JV.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I don’t pay much attention to college football, but I used to enjoy watching the bowl games on New Year’s day as a kid. So yesterday I was a little annoyed to see the big games were only available on ESPN. After seeing that they were boring blowouts, I didn’t feel so bad.

And as a kid, most of the bowl games were on either NYE or NYD, not starting in mid-December. And were on all 3 channels.

So yeah, it has lost some of its magic for sure.

I do expect Georgia/Alabama to be a good game. Just hope it isn't a defensive battle and ends up 13-10.

Best bowl game of the year was Tennessee/Purdue. Tennessee went for it on 4&G from the 1 in OT and didn't make it. Wow.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
And as a kid, most of the bowl games were on either NYE or NYD, not starting in mid-December. And were on all 3 channels.

So yeah, it has lost some of its magic for sure.

I do expect Georgia/Alabama to be a good game. Just hope it isn't a defensive battle and ends up 13-10.

Best bowl game of the year was Tennessee/Purdue. Tennessee went for it on 4&G from the 1 in OT and didn't make it. Wow.
I don't think most people, even Alabama fans, are thrilled about yet another Alabama-Georgia NC, but it should temporarily silence those who said that Cincinnati and Michigan could compete against the two top SEC teams in the country. And Alabama's playing with a severely injury-depleted roster that got even smaller yesterday when another offensive lineman left the game.

I didn't watch Tennessee-Purdue in real time, but I have seen the ending on YouTube. It was an amazing finish with the score going back-and-forth in the final minutes. I think Tennessee was robbed on the 4th-and-G play, but that's the way it goes. And they did have a chance to put it away with a last second FG.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I think Tennessee was robbed on the 4th-and-G play, but that's the way it goes.

From the multiple replays they were showing, it seems the Side Judge had determined that forward progress was stopped. You can clearly see him running in before you hear the whistle. But yeah, tough call.

As for the CFP, I think the past few years have showed that ND, OSU, Oregon or anyone else can't compete with the top of the SEC. Clemson did it, but they had two great quarterback in Watson and Lawrence. And you can see what happened once they didn't have one of those two guys.

Top Bottom
1 2