New Airpods Rumors

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
$99 entry-level airpods and a refreshed AirPods Max. No details.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just bought the AirPods Max, so it makes sense for a new version to finally appear in a few weeks. 😂
I gave my kid a pair for her birthday last month, and my wife a pair in October. I’ve had mine since they were announced , so I wouldn’t feel TOO guilty upgrading to a new set for me.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I bought AirPods when they first came out and liked them a lot. But...after a year battery life started degrading to the point it was unacceptable. Same story with my wife's set.

I moved on to PowerBeats on-ear buds (tethered together, no charging case) and they're still going strong and sound much better. My wife went with PowerBeats Pro (on-ear with a charging case) and they're holding up well and also sound better.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I gave up on them because wearing masks caused them to fall out. but I went through several them the batteries don't last. I have power beats to ride with and use in y shop when I don't have noise. nothing great sounding but a very long battery life. Plus I don't like apples chip Siri becomes areal issue. if you're talking and a phone call comes in they can cause the call to be answered or hung up if you say anything. they pause my music all the time every time Siri gets triggered.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck with the 1st generation AirPods Pro. I originally had one or the other fall out when I put on or took off a mask. But I learned to be careful after an AirPod went flying and it took me fifteen minutes to find it on my hands and knees. I also had an issue with one of them not charging intermittently and fuzzy sound — Apple replaced the set, even though they were out of warranty.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can’t wear in-ear phones anymore, so I love my Max. Even my wife, who is not a technology-oriented person, loves hers, primarily because of the magic way it automatically turns off our stereo system audio and routes the audio to her headphones when she puts them on late at night, thereby allowing the rest of us to sleep while she watches Marvel movies and all their explosions all night.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I can’t wear in-ear phones anymore, so I love my Max.

I've been thinking about an AirPods Max headphone. Is there anything you don't like about it, or bugs you?

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
AirPods Pro is the only Apple buds that I can wear. The others just hurt my ears. And it took a couple weeks to adjust and not have one or both pop off and get lost. One of the first times it feel a couple inches from a street grate.

I want to try the AirPods Max, but they feel too heavy. If I get a pair, it'll probably be for home use. Can't see myself wearing those while walking. And I certainly wouldn't risk damage or lost on a plane or train ride.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been thinking about an AirPods Max headphone. Is there anything you don't like about it, or bugs you?

My only complaint is that it’s not comfortable to wear when you aren’t using them. In other words, when it’s just sitting around your neck.

Sound quality is good, spatial audio is fun, the little Digital Crown for volume control works well. Noise cancelling is very good, though probably not quite as good as the Sony’s.

My kid says hers are too loose on her head, but she’s young and her head is small :)

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sound quality is good, spatial audio is fun, the little Digital Crown for volume control works well. Noise cancelling is very good, though probably not quite as good as the Sony’s.
I've read that about some high-end Sony headphones. But also that the Sony sets are prone to breakage and they may not be replaced under the warranty.

Andropov

Site Champ
Reaction score
Sound quality is good, spatial audio is fun, the little Digital Crown for volume control works well.
I'm not a huge fan of bundling volume and playback control in the same button. I hated that on my SoundSticks, where every time I turned off the speakers I inadvertently changed the subwoofer volume. It's less of a problem on the AirPods Max though, it's more difficult to accidentally turn the volume up/down.

mr_roboto

Site Champ
Reaction score
My kid says hers are too loose on her head, but she’s young and her head is small :)
I have the opposite problem - I'm old and tall. If I wore hats, my hat size would be pretty big. I've been wary of Airpods Max since I've read reports that for those of us with oversize noggins, they can be very tight, and possibly not fit at all due to limited earpiece extension range.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem - I'm old and tall. If I wore hats, my hat size would be pretty big. I've been wary of Airpods Max since I've read reports that for those of us with oversize noggins, they can be very tight, and possibly not fit at all due to limited earpiece extension range.
I am also old and tall, plus I have a big head to hold my ego, and haven’t found the max to be too tight.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Still really digging my AirPod Pros, I got some covers for it that make it fit really well in my ears as it seals everything off. Noise cancelling is excellent and I use it quite a bit for watching videos where I need to wall off the TV when others are watching in the living room.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
My Sennheiser 175 RS headphones (for TV watching) have had interference lately, likely from my new WIFI network but not much to be done about that. Bought the Airpods Max and anxiously awaiting arrival. We watch everything on an Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) so I've high hopes it'll be a suitable and improved experience. The price is outrageous but if they're great I'll get over it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
My Sennheiser 175 RS headphones (for TV watching) have had interference lately, likely from my new WIFI network but not much to be done about that. Bought the Airpods Max and anxiously awaiting arrival. We watch everything on an Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) so I've high hopes it'll be a suitable and improved experience. The price is outrageous but if they're great I'll get over it.

Airpods work great with the Apple TV. My AirPods are pretty much in my ears the entire time I'm home switching between my Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and iMac. I do a quick switch to my Airpod 2s for the 15 minutes or so my Airpod Pros are charging. :ROFLMAO:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The noise canceling on the Max is unreal. The earbuds I use for traveling don’t have that function. Having trouble picking up on the spatial audio even with the demo that the Apple TV provides in Settings.
Quite the sound upgrade from the Sennheisers.

Apple’s assimilation of our household is nearly complete. We don’t need a Mac or HomePods but all other categories are covered, and we’re keeping the Apple One service after the free trial. Been in a state of resistance ever since my first Apple purchase of an iPhone 4s.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My AirPods are pretty much in my ears the entire time I'm home

I for the life of me don't know how you all do that. I have custom fitted ear plugs for shooting and as comfortable as they are, I can take maybe 30 minutes of wearing them. No way could I wear Air Pods for any extended period of time.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I for the life of me don't know how you all do that. I have custom fitted ear plugs for shooting and as comfortable as they are, I can take maybe 30 minutes of wearing them. No way could I wear Air Pods for any extended period of time.
My AirPods Pro are quite comfortable. But I can never get more than a few hours out of them without having to recharge.

Top Bottom
1 2