Not open for further replies.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Great photo - because it's unique!

And because you clearly sweated the details (whether in framing or post)... verticals truly vertical and parallel to left and right frame edges.
Thanks, part luck while trying to frame it perfectly by hand without a tripod in a highly populated spot with standing room only, and then in post I always ensure things are as level and symmetrical as possible. It's hard to find unique angles for this bridge TBH, it's probably one of the most photographed subjects on the planet lol. I've seen similar shots in the past though.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Thanks, part luck while trying to frame it perfectly by hand without a tripod in a highly populated spot with standing room only, and then in post I always ensure things are as level and symmetrical as possible. It's hard to find unique angles for this bridge TBH, it's probably one of the most photographed subjects on the planet lol. I've seen similar shots in the past though.

You can find some nice spots from the Marin side; Conzelman Road (the uphill road you see hugging the mountain as you enter the bridge from Marin) comes to mind.

Thinking a bit more about that, maybe your shot was from there?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You can find some nice spots from the Marin side; Conzelman Road (the uphill road you see hugging the mountain as you enter the bridge from Marin) comes to mind.

Thinking a bit more about that, maybe your shot was from there?
Yeah this was coming down from the top of the hill on the Marin side, it's closed off going up now and everyone is forced to go around so it's one way. There are many other great looks from that side but many of them require long hikes and with 20 or 30 pounds worth of gear on my back it's too much at my age, that's a young man's game lol.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
it's closed off going up now and everyone is forced to go around so it's one way.

So you have to go through the tunnel? That's kind of pain to get to the bluff.

I used to make a lot of photos in the Headlands, where the old gun battery remains are.

The Nike missile site is pretty cool. Fascinating area. Hawk Hill used to be pretty neat with a cold-war era radar facility - have hiked there from the beach. But I think the antenna mounts and buildings have been cleared away a few years ago.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So you have to go through the tunnel? That's kind of pain to get to the bluff.
Yes, and the wait at the light is no joke but it's the only way now. All one-way going up and down now.

I used to make a lot of photos in the Headlands, where the old gun battery remains are.

The Nike missile site is pretty cool. Fascinating area. Hawk Hill used to be pretty neat with a cold-war era radar facility - have hiked there from the beach. But I think the antenna mounts and buildings have been cleared away a few years ago.
Very cool up there. I recently parked and hiked all the way up to the top, that's when I realized that shit is way too much for my old body, it's like a quarter mile straight up but the views are spectacular.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yes, and the wait at the light is no joke but it's the only way now.

What I'm wondering is why have the light if it's permanently one-way (in only one direction)?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What I'm wondering is why have the light if it's permanently one-way (in only one direction)?
The light is at the tunnel down below on the north end that takes you out to the marin headlands, it's always been there with a light directing one-way traffic on either side. it's not until you go up the back side of the mountain and come around that it turns into straight one-way going down (where the views of the bridge are). Hope that makes sense, can be a bit confusing if you haven't used the system.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The light is at the tunnel down below on the north end that takes you out to the marin headlands, it's always been there with a light directing one-way traffic on either side. it's not until you go up the back side of the mountain and come around that it turns into straight one-way going down (where the views of the bridge are). Hope that makes sense, can be a bit confusing if you haven't used the system.

Got it. I misread "it's the only way now." as: it's only one way now (and thus why have the long light if it never changes directions).

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_1433.jpeg

oldBCguy

Site Champ
Reaction score
Captured during a neighbourhood walkabout in Hope, BC (June/2021) ... owner's tree broke and fell during a storm the past winter -- she kept some trunk, decorated it with bird houses, and the area with a small, rock garden -- as a dedication to the birds who had lost their homes. Cool idea, with such a lovely result.

o-5.jpeg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Very nice. Do you know someone who resides there? I think I know the neighborhood but have never seen this access.

That's China Beach, IMO one of SF's best kept secrets. It's a very small public beach that you can get to where Sea Cliff and El Camino Del Mar come together. Heh, not a bad neighborhood to live in, close to where Robin Williams lived.

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 8.52.31 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2