San Francisco Sunset

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was taking photos for a friend's wedding yesterday and since the timing was right decided to take a drive up to the top of this mountain and grab some shots of the city just after the sunset.

grizzly_peak.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I was taking photos for a friend's wedding yesterday and since the timing was right decided to take a drive up to the top of this mountain and grab some shots of the city just after the sunset.

View attachment 567

Your friends are lucky to have you doing the photos for their wedding!

SF is so beautiful. I didn't want to leave after an academic year I spent there, but wow it was so expensive even then. Worked as an au pair for some friends of family, had an entire floor to myself in a townhouse (well and the company of a trio of highly comical Siamese cats if I left the door open to them at night) but no way I'd be living in Presidio Heights after school on my kinda paycheck. I did miss the change of seasons, too, so I packed up and came on back east. Had to laugh when I was getting ready to stow my books for shipment, turned around and one of the kitties was sitting in an empty box with the end of a ball of string in his mouth: "Take me too!" There were no iPhones for the quick snapshot back then, but the memory is hilarious even now.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Your friends are lucky to have you doing the photos for their wedding!

SF is so beautiful. I didn't want to leave after an academic year I spent there, but wow it was so expensive even then. Worked as an au pair for some friends of family, had an entire floor to myself in a townhouse (well and the company of a trio of highly comical Siamese cats if I left the door open to them at night) but no way I'd be living in Presidio Heights after school on my kinda paycheck. I did miss the change of seasons, too, so I packed up and came on back east. Had to laugh when I was getting ready to stow my books for shipment, turned around and one of the kitties was sitting in an empty box with the end of a ball of string in his mouth: "Take me too!" There were no iPhones for the quick snapshot back then, but the memory is hilarious even now.
It's one of the most expensive places to live on the planet, I was born and raised there, then moved to Oregon when I was a teenager and have been back and forth ever since. They say you need a median income of over $300,000 a year if you even want to consider buying a home there.

We eventually moved out to the valley because we could not even sustain rent for a small place there, as to where we can buy a huge home if we left. Best part is it's only a couple of hours away so I can always drive down to see friends, work clients, etc.

It sounds like you made the right move, I've never been to the east coast but have friends in PA that sweat by how great it is to have seasons and clean air.

Top Bottom
1 2