So I guess everybody is getting Covid

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Still testing positive, most symptoms have gone with the exception of GI tract problems. Worst part at this time is remaining isolated in the room (which has turned into a prison) and putting on the mask every time I walk into the rest of the house but that won't change until I can get a negative result.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Still testing positive, most symptoms have gone with the exception of GI tract problems. Worst part at this time is remaining isolated in the room (which has turned into a prison) and putting on the mask every time I walk into the rest of the house but that won't change until I can get a negative result.

it took a very long time for the at-home tests to test negative for me. When i asked my doctor, she said that the at-home tests test positive long after you are not contagious, but that the lab tests would show me as negative. She said 10 days was more than enough.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
it took a very long time for the at-home tests to test negative for me. When i asked my doctor, she said that the at-home tests test positive long after you are not contagious, but that the lab tests would show me as negative. She said 10 days was more than enough.
At what point did you stop masking up in the house around family? For me this is the biggest question, the assumption is as long as I keep testing positive I will continue to isolate and mask up even though I'm pretty much symptom free.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Your doctor is ill-informed. Home (antigen) tests may remain positive for up to two weeks, but it's usually less, and the likelihood of infecting others drops over time. In that regard, 10 days of isolation is usually sufficient, though in the presence of continued symptoms, it may be better to wait a bit longer. As well, people who have taken Paxlovid may have recurrent infection in the short term. Lab tests such as PCR, which detect the virus's genetic material, are much more sensitive and may remain positive for up to 90 days.

Here are a couple of links:

CDC

FDA

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It seems like no two doctors give the same opinion and the CDC guideline of 5 days is more about keeping the economy moving than lowering the risks of spread. Personally, I'm just assuming as long as my home antigen test shows positive that I can actively spread it and am treating it as such just to be as safe as possible.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems like no two doctors give the same opinion and the CDC guideline of 5 days is more about keeping the economy moving than lowering the risks of spread. Personally, I'm just assuming as long as my home antigen test shows positive that I can actively spread it and am treating it as such just to be as safe as possible.

I stopped masking at home about 5 days after the symptoms passed. My wife got covid a few days after I noticed symptoms, despite me holing up in the bedroom with the door closed and windows open, and she sleeping in another room. I wore a mask on the rare occasions i had to leave the room to grab some food or whatever. My kid never tested positive but she had a symptom or two that made us think she may have caught it.

My kid and wife each had gotten covid previously and I avoided it. Same precautions, but the difference was I wore a mask. When I had covid, my wife and kid refused to mask up, figuring that they were safe because I was locked in a separate room. I warned ‘em…

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I stopped masking at home about 5 days after the symptoms passed. My wife got covid a few days after I noticed symptoms, despite me holing up in the bedroom with the door closed and windows open, and she sleeping in another room. I wore a mask on the rare occasions i had to leave the room to grab some food or whatever. My kid never tested positive but she had a symptom or two that made us think she may have caught it.

My kid and wife each had gotten covid previously and I avoided it. Same precautions, but the difference was I wore a mask. When I had covid, my wife and kid refused to mask up, figuring that they were safe because I was locked in a separate room. I warned ‘em…
Sounds like a crapshoot but it seems like masking up is key. I'm still testing positive today even with no symptoms other than residual cough/sinus congestion but that seems all after the fact. Hoping for a negative test tomorrow so we can stop wearing them, the CDC says as long as symptoms have gone and no fever that you and pretty much resume life after 10 days as well.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Still testing positive even though I have no symptoms at all anymore. It sucks because I'm still a prisoner to that fkn spare bedroom and have to mask up every time I walk out, was okay for the first week but it's gotten really old.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Finally tested negative for the first time today on day 15 since the first positive test (and day 17 since my symptoms first started). All symptoms are mostly gone with very little residual congestion and fatigue.

The other day my Apple Watch notified me of a higher than normal heart rate over the last two weeks and it smacks perfectly with the dates of my worst symptoms, my heart was really racing. This graph tells the story.

IMG_1996.jpg

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Other than a nagging cough, which I am hoping goes away soon, I am feeling much better. Things that are still not quite there, but are getting back to normal. Sleeping and alertness, ringing in ears, appetite, and normal daily constitutional walk.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally tested negative for the first time today on day 15 since the first positive test (and day 17 since my symptoms first started). All symptoms are mostly gone with very little residual congestion and fatigue.

The other day my Apple Watch notified me of a higher than normal heart rate over the last two weeks and it smacks perfectly with the dates of my worst symptoms, my heart was really racing. This graph tells the story.

From this graph, guess when I had covid:

1697230216714.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got my flu jab today, my wife got hers and the COVID since she was lucky enough not to catch it from me. I have to wait 3 months before I can get mine.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
So after my bought with Covid, I have been noticing and gradual increase in my heart rate while standing or doing light walking around the house and climbing my stairs to the second floor. I mentioned some of the chest pain that I felt at my annual physical and my Primary suggested we do a stress test.

A month later and myself getting busy with normal life, we seem to have both forgotten that scheduled test. Last few weeks I started to notice that my bps on my apple watch were over 100 and sometimes 110s while just walking around, and climbing the stairs at home 120s.... :confused:

This Monday made it become a priority for me. I was at my desk and a gradual pain started on the back of my right side of my neck (with a bad neck this is typical), and I got up to go to the bathroom to stretch out. Started to feel a little lightheaded and felt my heart racing. I looked at my apple watch and saw 130 bpm! Tried to take an ECG but it was all munged up, and sat and did some breathing exercises. Things calmed down after a few minutes, but for the next hour or so I was anxious and on edge. Felt a little chest tightness so I relented and went to the ER.

Of course my heart rate eventually just went back to normal, and although my Blood Pressure was 151/90 when I first arrived at the ER, it eventually it went back down to 117/74. All blood work, test for stroke, xrays, and EKG came back clean, but I showed them the heart data from my apple watch, and they did suggest that I get an Echocardiogram, Stress test, and wear and event monitor for a few days.

My primary is still scheduling the tests, getting authorizations. However I have been reading a lot lately and it I don't want to self-diagnose because I am a pessimist, but this seems like a long covid symptom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2