The most under recognized funk of all time

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I miss my fellow internet forum musicians and music producers, but as we too ventured into the once welcomed world of politics only later to be massacred by changed policies we didn't have an Eric. Long live Eric! So with their memory in mind I post this.

I would argue the whole song is full of unrecognized and under appreciated funk by the average listener, but for those on a time crunch I recommend starting at 3:00 and focusing on the bass. The funk is undeniable.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I miss my fellow internet forum musicians and music producers, but as we too ventured into the once welcomed world of politics only later to be massacred by changed policies we didn't have an Eric. Long live Eric! So with their memory in mind I post this.

I would argue the whole song is full of unrecognized and under appreciated funk by the average listener, but for those on a time crunch I recommend starting at 3:00 and focusing on the bass. The funk is undeniable.

It's goddam fantastic, under-rated from a writing/musical perspective, even if it was a super popular, high positioned pop song for a few weeks.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's goddam fantastic, under-rated from a writing/musical perspective, even if it was a super popular, high positioned pop song for a few weeks.

I feel the funk factor was overshadowed by it A). Being a Madonna song, B). Being a pop song, and C). the video being controversial for the time.

Top Bottom
1 2