The Sane COVID Thread

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Walked into the local grocery pharmacy today, me and the wife got our 4th COVID shot. The requirement, previous booster 4 months or more prior. I still don’t want to get it so I where a mask in most stores.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Ditto. I figure I'd rather deal with the brief period of nuisance/slight discomfort wearing a mask in stores and other public places than dealing with being very ill in the hospital and/or worse, being on a ventilator in the ICU. Also not interested in flirting with the possibility of long-term effects following any sort of version of COVID-19.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
We've pretty much given up masking here. Neither of my kids' schools require it anymore. We've all had three shots, and my daughter had covid last month anyway. I don't go anywhere except the grocery store or Costco really, and I'm never near anyone for more than a minute or two. If we go to the doctor or somewhere that it is required, I have no issue wearing one, and I respect those who still wish to wear one. But statistically our area has a very low transmission rate, so I just don't see the need.

Even my parents, in their 80s, both had covid earlier this month and they came out fine; the current strain is just not a big deal for the vast majority of people. We have to learn to live with it at this point, and everyone has different comfort levels and health needs. I'll get another booster if it's available to me (I'm under 50), but just don't see the need for masks everywhere all the time right now.

That said, if we were to take a train or plane somewhere, I'd almost definitely wear one, confined for hours at a time with strangers. But 15 minutes in the grocery store where I'm moving all the time? No. I'm done with that.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
looks like maybe she got it from our daughter. she tested positive today but the grandkid did not yesterday. my daughter is almost over it so she must have had it first.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
swell looks ike my wife got it from work were her Boses are religious and right wing so we all know how that goes. she missed the 4 months of ramped covid there she was only back weeks when they held a meeting all people in one small room. so my daughter is even sicker then my wife though no scary sick. I was feeling Tuesday but tested negative and a lot more Thursday tested negative again. only this morning was it positive. granddaughter has not tested positive so far or hubby.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
swell looks ike my wife got it from work were her Boses are religious and right wing so we all know how that goes. she missed the 4 months of ramped covid there she was only back weeks when they held a meeting all people in one small room. so my daughter is even sicker then my wife though no scary sick. I was feeling Tuesday but tested negative and a lot more Thursday tested negative again. only this morning was it positive. granddaughter has not tested positive so far or hubby.
Sorry to hear about your family. More than likely, you will do well in that you won't get sick enough to require hospitalization. However, be vigilant for persistent symptoms of so-called long-COVID, which can affect any organ system and be difficult to distinguish from non-COVID-related conditions, especially psychological/cognitive. Many medical centers have or are setting up clinics for patients with long-COVID, so take advantage of them if available.

throAU

Site Champ
Reaction score
Still haven't had it yet, triple vaccinated (but my most recent was december 2021; no fourth dose here yet).

Most of the colleagues at work who are getting it are all vaccinated/boosted but have kids and that seems to be the infection vector where i am.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
it went from my wife to me and my daughter and finally her hubby got sick today and granddaughter asked for food bu then went to bed early and thats a sure sign she is feeling sick. she just tested negative but I bet in a few days she will be positive. only the granddaughter is not vaccinated as she is only 4 years old.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
it went from my wife to me and my daughter and finally her hubby got sick today and granddaughter asked for food bu then went to bed early and thats a sure sign she is feeling sick. she just tested negative but I bet in a few days she will be positive. only the granddaughter is not vaccinated as she is only 4 years old.
Curious have you or your wife had a 2nd booster? Sorry if I missed mention of it.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
my wife was filling sick last Sunday tested her Tuesday and today still pretty positive.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
my wife was filling sick last Sunday tested her Tuesday and today still pretty positive.
my daughter tested positive for 11 calendar days. her symptoms were never awful, just fatigue and a stuffy nose but she had it for a long time, relatively speaking.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
My company went 2 years without a single case of COVID amongst or staff or clients (average census is ~24). We had a IIRC 4 cases between Thanksgiving and Christmas, only 2 occurring around the same time. We were extremely lucky.

That is until about the past two weeks. In that time we’ve had 50% of our clinical staff and 80% of our non-clinical staff get COVID as well as 4 patients. It’s an absolute nightmare staffing wise.

Normally we have 2-3 non-clinical staff working during waking hours. For almost the past several days we’ve been down to 1.

As one of the owners of the company, I have to go in this weekend for 4hrs just so so the healthy employees can get a little bit of a break. If we lose anymore staff we’re going to have a problem.

Our policy is everyone has to wear masks and given the environment is to have infected people isolate for 10 days. The current CDC recommendation is 5 days + 5 days of masking, but we don’t want to take any chances.

The good news is no one has been severely ill. Looking at the statewide statistics, COVID related deaths remain near 0 despite a massive uptick in cases over the past 2 months.

It’s been a stressful past week…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That is until about the past two weeks. In that time we’ve had 50% of our clinical staff and 80% of our non-clinical staff get COVID as well as 4 patients. It’s an absolute nightmare staffing wise.
This also suggests that Covid’s on the rise again, and perhaps more aggressive than it has been.

Top Bottom
1 2