Tim Cook reacts to Macintosh SE at Mumbai Apple Store opening.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
What it says on the tin.

Cook1.jpg

Cook2.jpg

Cook3.jpg

Pics courtesy of Chance Miller. You can see the full video on Reddit.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
It turns out that it was a Macintosh SE FDHD. Tim Cook and Deidre O'Brien signed it for the fellow who brought it to the new Apple Store.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 10.05.38 PM.jpg

Credit to Mr. Macintosh for the pic and identification of the specific model.

I can't say I've ever had anyone as happy to see me as Tim Cook was seeing that Macintosh.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
One time I was asked to sign an AMD poster by a student at a small college in Silicon Valley i happened to be visiting. I had the same reaction as Tim Cook.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
One time I was asked to sign an AMD poster by a student at a small college in Silicon Valley i happened to be visiting. I had the same reaction as Tim Cook.
That reminds me, your old colleague and long-time drinking buddy, Rick Bergman is retiring from AMD.

AMD is a good example of a company that can't keep a lid on it. After the announcement of RDNA 2, Tom at the Moore's Law is Dead channel said that Bergman was his main source for graphics rumors. Essentially, it was corporate approved leaking, which apparently all of the PC companies engage in, which is likely why we know their roadmaps years in advance. That contrasts to Apple, which can keep a secret, at least until the supply chain gets ahold of the latest doodads in the pipe.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That reminds me, your old colleague and long-time drinking buddy, Rick Bergman is retiring from AMD.

AMD is a good example of a company that can't keep a lid on it. After the announcement of RDNA 2, Tom at the Moore's Law is Dead channel said that Bergman was his main source for graphics rumors. Essentially, it was corporate approved leaking, which apparently all of the PC companies engage in, which is likely why we know their roadmaps years in advance. That contrasts to Apple, which can keep a secret, at least until the supply chain gets ahold of the latest doodads in the pipe.
It’s funny - I never actually knew what it was that Rick actually did (either at Exponential or at AMD).

Top Bottom
1 2