Trump demands names of the congressional Republicans who said they recognize Biden as winner

U

User.45

(CNN) - Although all 50 states have certified their election results and the Supreme Court swiftly rejected an emergency request from Pennsylvania Republicans to block election results in the commonwealth, the justices are now grappling with a new controversial bid from Texas, supported by President Donald Trump and 17 other Republican-led states.
They are asking the Supreme Court for an emergency order to invalidate the ballots of millions of voters in four battleground states -- Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania -- even though there is no evidence of widespread fraud.

This is not only quixotic and plain stupid, but also disgusting. The GOP are practically sacrificing their dignity for a charade that holds no long-term benefit for them: They aren't saying that GA/WI/PA/MI should be invalidated. They are requesting these states to be given to Trump. With this they aren't only requesting the invalidation of 260,000 votes, they essentially want to disenfranchise more than 10,000,000 Democratic voters. This is the ultimate voter suppression, and sign of malevolence. Using the same logic, Biden could say NC was suspicious, so let's flip that for me too. This has been insane from the get-go but now it's getting really tiresome too.

U

User.45

It’s just not his style. He has to have the attention for better or worse.
Narciopaths are narciopaths, they may be irrational on almost all levels, but self-preservation isn't one of these domains. Him getting dragged out of WH would be the equivalent of the annihilation of his brand. You'll not see that happen.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Scamper our in the dead of the night. That's my bet.
Anyone else in his position would be searching for a country without an extradition treaty with the United States so that he could make a Bob Irsay-like flight out of Washington on January 19. But of course Trump isn’t a rational person, so no.

This is not only quixotic and plain stupid, but also disgusting.
It boggles the mind that seventeen states’ Attorneys General filed with the court supporting this. Seventeen! Thats a previously unheard of level of anti-constitutional perfidy.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Narciopaths are narciopaths, they may be irrational on almost all levels, but self-preservation isn't one of these domains. Him getting dragged out of WH would be the equivalent of the annihilation of his brand. You'll not see that happen.

Yeah he's fixing to become the ex-boyfriend pretty soon: "Just remember, I'm the best thing ever happened to you and here you are trying to throw it all away. Forget that, I'm leaving. I'm not sticking around to see you damage your whole future by thinking to dump me, you're gonna have to pick yourself up off the floor without me. You got 35 bucks on you? I forgot to buy a fare card this week."

U

User.45

Yeah he's fixing to become the ex-boyfriend pretty soon: "Just remember, I'm the best thing ever happened to you and here you are trying to throw it all away. Forget that, I'm leaving. I'm not sticking around to see you damage your whole future by thinking to dump me, you're gonna have to pick yourself up off the floor without me. You got 35 bucks on you? I forgot to buy a fare card this week."
Both #SuspiciouslySpecific and #TerrifyinglySpotOn:D

U

User.45

Anyone else in his position would be searching for a country without an extradition treaty with the United States so that he could make a Bob Irsay-like flight out of Washington on January 19. But of course Trump isn’t a rational person, so no.

It boggles the mind that seventeen states’ Attorneys General filed with the court supporting this. Seventeen! Thats a previously unheard of level of anti-constitutional perfidy.
1607647606988.png

This is tragicomical.

lizkat

Reaction score
I prefer the word nuts.

Especially bc the AZ GOP followed that with the Rambo quote which they decided uh, maybe over the top and then deleted and then said they deleted it because of "copyright concerns". Sure.

Honestly when I was reading about that gig, I was thinking about Barry Goldwater and John McCain as Republicans of earlier times in Arizona. It's not surprising to me that so many guys in that party now are capable of shocking me every time I turn around.

I get it that some of us here may think civility of pols is just a veneer, and that talk of moral compasses is hypocritical no matter who's doing the talking in Washington. But really, my own reaction is that this version of the Republican party is literally barbaric, savage, uncivilized. It would be unrecognizable to Republicans of earlier times, and close to that for some who have more recently signaled they're retiring from the fray. I think the latter are a little like me, still pasting the face of an earlier party over the reality today and so staying shockable. I'm okay with that actually. I don't want to buy into this GOP as more than an anomaly because I don't think it's sustainable.

lizkat

Reaction score
I have such Trump-fatigue, I actually wasn't sure if this is just parody or not. With the flurry of impotent election fraud claims I've really lost track of what is meant to be a joke.

yeah... but you know that's how this admin started out, kicking ass and taking names in agencies, like asking for lists of names of contributors to papers or drafts of legislation related to climate change.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

On the heels of the Electoral College vote, Moscow Mitch is finally ready to acknowledge that Biden is going to be president.

"The electoral college has spoken," McConnell said in remarks from the Senate floor in the US Capitol, adding, "Today I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden."

That should be at least somewhat positive news. So why did reading about it gave me indigestion?

Well, for one thing, after that perfunctory and decidedly late recognition of Biden’s legitimacy, there was this from Moscow Mitch:

McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, made his comments after praising the Trump presidency in the past tense, touting his administration's accomplishments, including the country's "economic prosperity," "foreign policy," judicial appointments, and "bold regulatory changes" in a floor speech.
"It would take far more than one speech to catalog all the major wins the Trump administration has helped deliver for the American people," he said. "The outsider who swore he would shake up Washington and lead our country to new accomplishments, both at home and abroad proceeded to do exactly that. President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence deserve our thanks and our gratitude for their tireless work and their essential roles in all these victories and in many more."

Eww. It’s a good thing McConnell isn’t a member of TalkedAbout, because Eric would have to come up with a new award for Biggest Ass-Kisser.

And yet in spite of the EC vote, there was this from various Republicans:

Pressed multiple times Monday about whether he'd accept Biden as President-elect, Sen. Steve Daines, a Montana Republican, continued to point to how Trump had won his state's electoral votes.
"Montana cast three electoral votes for President Trump, and the Electoral College voted today," said Daines, who just won reelection in Montana. "And Congress will need to ratify in January."

and

Following McConnell's remarks, Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida, who is in GOP leadership, would not say if Biden is President-elect, when asked by CNN.

JFC, why is it so hard for them to simply say that Biden is going to be the next president and that he was elected fairly, without a lot of qualifications or references to the Big Dumb Blonde?

There was at least this left-handed acknowledgment of Biden’s win.

"We've now gone through the constitutional process and the electors have voted, so there's a President-elect," Blunt said. "With Vice President Biden as the President-elect, the President continues, obviously, to have all the options he has available to him, but the electoral vote today was significant."

Yeah, significant. As if until now the election results had been meaningless, or ambiguous at best.

Let’s not make the mistake of thinking that because the EC has voted that we’re all going to move on together. This attitude doesn’t bode well for Biden’s new administration. I have this feeling there’s going to be stonewalling on a scale that makes the obstruction against Obama look small by comparison.

And thanks a heap for saying the words, Moscow Mitch, even if we can all tell you don’t really mean them.

lizkat

Reaction score
Why not, with the likes of Maria Bartiromo on Fox still as of yesterday claiming "intel sources" told her Trump did "in fact" win the election. JFC.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Why not, with the likes of Maria Bartiromo on Fox still as of yesterday claiming "intel sources" told her Trump did "in fact" win the election. JFC.

She wouldn’t be able to identify “intelligence” if it hit her right between the eyes!

Top Bottom
1 2