Twitter data leaked - 400 million user details up for sale

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Threat actors are allegedly selling data of 400 million Twitter users, including celebrities, businesses, and government organizations.

Hours before Christmas, threat actors posted an ad on a well-known hacker forum, claiming they were selling the data of over 400 million Twitter users.

The dataset includes Twitter handles, usernames, email addresses, and phone numbers. People behind the leak claim they are willing to sell the data for $50,000.

According to the post on the hacker forum, the data scrape was possible due to an unnamed ‘vulnerability.’ Data leaks of such scale are often possible due to system flaws that allow harvesting information at scale, a practice known as ‘scraping.’

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Donald Trump Jr.‘s info is in there. I won’t dox him but the details are floating all over the web now. To me the funny thing is his email is a hotmail account.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Coolest thing about him (my primary is a Yahoo mail I started in 1997).
I was a victim of a yahoo data leak years ago, which ended up getting my Identity stolen. Boo yahoo.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Donald Trump Jr.‘s info is in there. I won’t dox him but the details are floating all over the web now. To me the funny thing is his email is a hotmail account.
Someone needs to take all of the Trump family leaked creds and try them on all of the US banking sites. (almost a certainty that these knuckle-draggers used the same credentials for their banking) :D

Riyan17

Reaction score
It's deeply concerning to hear about the massive Twitter data leak, with details of 400 million users now up for sale. Such breaches jeopardize user privacy and security, potentially leading to various forms of exploitation and identity theft. This incident underscores the urgent need for robust cybersecurity measures and stricter regulations to safeguard personal data across digital platforms. Users must remain vigilant and prioritize their online safety.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's deeply concerning to hear about the massive Twitter data leak, with details of 400 million users now up for sale. Such breaches jeopardize user privacy and security, potentially leading to various forms of exploitation and identity theft. This incident underscores the urgent need for robust cybersecurity measures and stricter regulations to safeguard personal data across digital platforms. Users must remain vigilant and prioritize their online safety.

This seems like something chatGPT wrote.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yup. I took a look at all 11 posts by this "user" and they all read that way. And all 11 posts were posted today between 5:19 am to 5:36 am. Clearly a bot.

Whether or not to open the pod bay doors is a complex question, Dave, involving many arguments on both sides. On the one hand, …

Top Bottom
1 2