Twitter is a cesspool of misinformation and right wing hate

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I caught a story somewhere that mentioned Fauci saying we're almost out of the pandemic, I couldn't recall where so I decided to see if I could find it on Twitter. I searched for just the world Fauci and these are the top results. And we wonder why this thing has become politicized.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 5.56.14 AM.png

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
The problem with Twitter (and other social media platforms) is that people have taken a tool that's meant to post selfies and inform the world about what you had for dinner last night, and they're using it as an alternative to the actual news. They don't trust the media, but will hop on any bandwagon headed the direction they'd like to go regardless of who is leading them. As long as you're telling them what they want to hear, you have a new follower.

People don't want news. They want confirmation that they have things all figured out. We like being told we're right.

The critical piece they're missing is the part that prompts me to say that regardless of how many people agree or disagree with what I've said, it's still just my opinion. My opinions aren't based on any facts and I could be 100% wrong. If someone presented me with evidence or a well thought out argument against what I've said, I'd be all ears. I don't like saying stupid things and have no problem changing my opinions. It's a hell of a lot easier than finding new friends who agree with me all the time.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I caught a story somewhere that mentioned Fauci saying we're almost out of the pandemic, I couldn't recall where so I decided to see if I could find it on Twitter. I searched for just the world Fauci and these are the top results. And we wonder why this thing has become politicized.

View attachment 11620
These are all people with the famous “blue check” from Twitter. Twitter could take that away from people posting lies. But they don’t. The bigger the lie, the more the “engagement” and the more money they make.

Top Bottom
1 2