We got any Python 'experts' here on TA?

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
FINALLY!

Sussed it - the reason this was so hard to find is that when I tried to find out what I'd done on server X1 I went into the cert store and ripped out all the certificates I could find relating to this wildcard, and yet STILL the app ran fine.

The reason being that what that python-certifi-win32 module does is finds any certificates it feels are part of the chain and drops them into the %LOCALAPPDATA%\.certifi\cacert.pem file.

It never cleans them up though if they're deleted.

So the answer was just just clone that file and now it's working...

Holy krapballz

I almost feel like this warrants a dislike, just for the amount of magic nonsense that solution required.

U

User.191

I almost feel like this warrants a dislike, just for the amount of magic nonsense that solution required.
Tell me about it. This has been an 8 week journey all in all. At least at the end of it we'll have a component for Knime Analytics Platform that we'll open source and fix a major issue with the recommended Tableau solution..

As a way to demonstrate the why behind this: using the Tableau recommended solution takes 9 minutes to publish our test Hyper file.

Using this method - 12 seconds!

So when you consider our ETL process spits out 15 odd extracts like this, per hour - twice (we have two Tableau servers) you can imagine the time savings!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
JFC, I didn't even see this, well my $0.02 at this point isn't even a paper IOU note ...

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
JFC, I didn't even see this, well my $0.02 at this point isn't even a paper IOU note ...

Post it anyway. At an interest rate of 2.25% over 1000 years, it may still be worth something.

U

User.191

Post it anyway. At an interest rate of 2.25% over 1000 years, it may still be worth something.
I'd not trust any money from @DT, even if the world's foremost Numismatics all validated it was the real deal. I get the sneaking feeling a $5 from him would cost me $1,000...

Top Bottom
1 2