What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So just after I post "Our LG washer/dryer has had amazing service ..." in another thread, the washer flips out :LOL:

Thankfully, I have no fear about attempting my own repairs, a decent history of MacGyver-y-ness , and the internet is filled with helpful information.

No telling what a repair service would charge (I get a sense it's easily $400+), and I read about people being told "It need to be replaced" ($1000+), but __today__ I ordered a replacement rotor assembly (~$70) and rotor position sensor (~$10), the latter is likely not the issue, but a common failure point and easily accessed if you're R&R-ing the [motor] rotor, so figured why not for $10 and an extra 20-25 minutes. The rotor is even an updated part with the specific design issue improved. :)

Got the rotor position sensor in a few days ago, the rotor yesterday, waded into this today :)

Unplug, slide the washer out, left the water lines connected (so much easier). 4 screws to remove the rear panel, the bolt that holds the rotor to the main shaft is 17mm, and it was almost finger loose! Probably contributed to the issue - inspect the bolt it's fine. Rotor comes right off (has a little magnetic resistance), yep, the splines in the receiver are super worn down - the new part has a metal insert in the center hub (vs. just plastic) it's an improved, OEM replacement part.

Removed the stator, 6 10mm bolts, a couple of screws that hold the two wire harnesses, unclip the connectors, old position sensor seems OK, but a simple and cheap R&R while you're already in there. Clips off, new one snaps on, clip power/sensor harness back on, bolt it back up.

Clean up the bolt (old Loctite), shaft, some fresh blue Loctite, fasten it down good, used my bio-torque sense :D

Back cover reinstalled, push it back into place, plug it in. Works perfect! Total cost $88.23 (-5% CB from Amazon) and about 35-40 minutes.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Wife made deviled eggs today! They're not just for Thanksgiving :D

The best part is the ol' school Tupperware storage we use for them ...

IMG_0863_1200.jpeg

And I got stopped by a train coming home from school drop off this morning (pic was to the wife, with an "Oh no, train!" :D

66489297423__6D5E478D-A67A-4159-B707-6E2268BB493B_1200.jpeg

I've been driving the Jeep non-stop, to balance out the extra mileage we put in the Tesla from all the airport/Orlando trips, now our average between the two vehicles is ~376 miles / month :D

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This was our favorite today. Gorgeous inside, beautiful lot with a creek running from the side to the back. We’ll look at some other places next week, but we both really like this one a lot.

I really like it! Not the *ahem* decor, but the design/architecture of the house itself.

So this is a move for you and the hubby? AL to AL?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Hah, today I done been spoofed by a sibling.

My bro went to great lengths today to play a sweet prank on me. First I knew of it was he called me on his cell to say "Hey you just got a Grub Hub delivery, go check it out!" -- and I was mystified since I doubt that Grub Hub has ever even imagined delivering to my area.

But what do I know, since that assumption has precluded my ever looking into their services. I was upstairs putting some fabrics away. So I said "Wait, what? they deliver over here? They text you when they deliver a gift? How does that all work?" -- but the call dropped while I was talking, which is not unusual around here, service being extremely spotty to nonexistent.

I redialed him, but just got his vmail so I left a sort of mystified thank you message, went down to the first floor and looked outside and sure enough there was this paper bag sitting there on the deck.

So I get it and open it and there's a humongous sandwich and some chicken teriyaki, an apple and half a baguette as well... so I'm putting it all away and thinking of pigging out on some of it and meanwhile I'm wondering what shop the food came from. I begin to suspect Panera's because of the baguette.

So I look at the bag again and then start laughing. Yes it's from a Panera's over in Oneonta, BUT there's a ticket on it just says my brother's first name and "Drive Thru" on it. "Grub Hub" yeah no.

What a sweet guy. From his place in another rural township over to the city of O and then here and back to his place is at least 80 miles through the cold and snow. And I hadn't even shoveled a fresh path from the plowed driveway to my back door yet today since I wasn't expecting any deliveries. He had just dropped the takeout on the deck and took off again per our no-contact agreements during covid. I'm gonna say he maybe had a spell of cabin fever but whatever, it was clearly also brotherly love. Made my week!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Hah, today I done been spoofed by a sibling.

My bro went to great lengths today to play a sweet prank on me. First I knew of it was he called me on his cell to say "Hey you just got a Grub Hub delivery, go check it out!" -- and I was mystified since I doubt that Grub Hub has ever even imagined delivering to my area.

But what do I know, since that assumption has precluded my ever looking into their services. I was upstairs putting some fabrics away. So I said "Wait, what? they deliver over here? They text you when they deliver a gift? How does that all work?" -- but the call dropped while I was talking, which is not unusual around here, service being extremely spotty to nonexistent.

I redialed him, but just got his vmail so I left a sort of mystified thank you message, went down to the first floor and looked outside and sure enough there was this paper bag sitting there on the deck.

So I get it and open it and there's a humongous sandwich and some chicken teriyaki, an apple and half a baguette as well... so I'm putting it all away and thinking of pigging out on some of it and meanwhile I'm wondering what shop the food came from. I begin to suspect Panera's because of the baguette.

So I look at the bag again and then start laughing. Yes it's from a Panera's over in Oneonta, BUT there's a ticket on it just says my brother's first name and "Drive Thru" on it. "Grub Hub" yeah no.

What a sweet guy. From his place in another rural township over to the city of O and then here and back to his place is at least 80 miles through the cold and snow. And I hadn't even shoveled a fresh path from the plowed driveway to my back door yet today since I wasn't expecting any deliveries. He had just dropped the takeout on the deck and took off again per our no-contact agreements during covid. I'm gonna say he maybe had a spell of cabin fever but whatever, it was clearly also brotherly love. Made my week!
Awwwwwww.

That is so sweet.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Spent the day working. Moving our shop stock into the warehouse and putting some more shop fittings together etc. Off for more of the same tomorrow. Yay! Then doing my actual job Monday to Friday.

Top Bottom
1 2