What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, the biggest schedule change is when school starts. Middle school was the f***ing crack-of-dawn, like leaving around 7:10a, in the dark, now, it's leaving around 8:50a
Here's my ongoing Walmart fun :D

I love Bundaberg diet ginger beer. It shows in our liquor chain store (ABC) on occasion, also Target and Walmart. Walmart is generally the cheapest too ($5.98 vs. $7.99 at ABC, Target is usually between those two). There's one Publix around here that occasionally has it too, it's not our usual store down the street, but I do pop in on occasion to check.

Walmart has not had in stock in the store for months, but had it online, same price and for $35 or more, free shipping, so I was like, excellent, I'll just get it delivered ...

:cautious:

It's sold in 4 packs of 375ml glass bottles, and the packaging is very lightweight.

The first time I got 8 packages (8 x 4-packs), and it showed in two boxes of 4 packages each. One of the bottles was broken in one box, even though things were pretty decently packaged, each 4-pack was wrapped in cushion-y paper, then heavier paper, and in separate bags, though the box had a bit of room for them to move around.

So I get a refund of one of the 4-packs:

View attachment 15685

Which was cool, since it gave me 3 bottles for free.

I'm pretty happy with the service, availability, price, so about a month later, I place the same order, 8 of the 4-packs, they split them the same way, 2 boxes of 4 x 4-packs each. This time, when I go out to get them, the top box is wrecked: wet, torn up, hahaha, even I wind up dropping a bottle attempting to clean/remove everything. But I have 7 perfectly fine 4-packs and the 1 loose bottle. So again, I contact CS, and this time, they do this:

View attachment 15686

That's right, they refund the entire order (vs. a partial credit). OK, so I was fine with just a partial refund, and I expect to pay for what I drink, but OK, whatever, I get it all for free :D

Time to order again, I go with 2 fewer, so that's 6 of the 4-packs, and it winds up in a single box, so maybe better?

It makes it into the truck, it's OFD, it's going to make it by the "end of day" ... <sad_trombone> ... I see this:

View attachment 15687

:ROFLMAO:

No explanation, but I bet the driver was moving stuff around, broke it / found it broken, halted the delivery.

So this is 3 for 3, what the f*** is up FedEx? Or maybe it's the Walmart shipping/packaging side and FedEx needs that resolved? Is Walmart going to continue to ship this to make and have it shown up broken every time? Do they maybe just need to remove from being available online?

4 for 4, holy shit!

Hahahaha, I even put a note in the order, "Please pack carefully, it gets broken every time ..."

1660237929912.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Got these in yesterday (too late for coffee), so we were excited to brew one this morning - we flipped a coin (literally), it was Frog's Breath, so Santa Jack tomorrow :) These are from one our favorite coffee suppliers, Bones Coffee, right out of Tampa, they got a license from Disney (which is pretty cool) to release these. They actually have 5 flavors, but BTT we got back from our trip, 3 were sold out so I got the other 2, and now ALL of them are sold out. Though I'd imagine them getting restocked for Fall/Halloween/Christmas :)

Santa Jack
Festive cranberry sweetness married with decadent creme brulee and our smooth, arabica coffee makes Cranberry Creme Brulee the holiday flavor you never knew you needed.

Frog's Breath
Frog’s Breath is a cunning concoction of coffee, chocolate, and spice. It’s smooth and flavorful with a balanced and spicy finish - a captivating brew that will leave you yearning for another scrumptious sip!

Did my normal mix of 1 scoop Verona dark roast and 2 scoops flavored, all whole bean, nice big 50oz French press :D

Fantastic!

@lizkat :D

I checked at Bones and they were already re-stocked!

My Gene Beans required that I buy more :D

1660252516281.png

Got the other 2 Nightmare Before options, there were actually __3__ we didn't get the first time, but the 3rd one is pumpkin, and we have a pact not to consume any pumpkin coffee/beer/etc., until at least September :)

Decided to pick up a 3rd bag of something else, went with something we've never had before, What the Fluff? n Also used some points, got $10 off.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Went out for breakfast with the local foodie group. It was a lot of fun. Then we went to see Bullet Train. OMG - it was hilarious! Lots of cameos.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Oh, AFB, hang in there.

Our weather is much better today! Was in the 60s when I got up at 6:45am. Got outside yesterday and today for a couple of hours each weeding finally. Still have a bit to do in the back, but I had my son cut down some bushes we are going to take out and I think he annoyed some mosquitoes, so I came inside earlier than I might have.

Also researching how to set up a site on Wordpress (any experts here?) and also working on some class materials for a Lightroom class I am writing. Thankful that it's Friday.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Oh, AFB, hang in there.

Our weather is much better today! Was in the 60s when I got up at 6:45am. Got outside yesterday and today for a couple of hours each weeding finally. Still have a bit to do in the back, but I had my son cut down some bushes we are going to take out and I think he annoyed some mosquitoes, so I came inside earlier than I might have.

Also researching how to set up a site on Wordpress (any experts here?) and also working on some class materials for a Lightroom class I am writing. Thankful that it's Friday.
I've got loads to do in the garden, but all we are doing right now is watering. Dread to think what my water bill will be as we are on a meter. Cheaper than buying new plants though.

I got up at 5:30 so I could get a run in before work. Its the only time I can exercise. The cross trainer is in the garage and that must be the hottest part of the house.

Not an expert on Wordpress. Any reason you would chose that over something like Squarespace which is basically drag and drop?

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I've got loads to do in the garden, but all we are doing right now is watering. Dread to think what my water bill will be as we are on a meter. Cheaper than buying new plants though.

I got up at 5:30 so I could get a run in before work. Its the only time I can exercise. The cross trainer is in the garage and that must be the hottest part of the house.

Not an expert on Wordpress. Any reason you would chose that over something like Squarespace which is basically drag and drop?
I already host my galleries on SmugMug but want to add a blog and a prettier front face; Wordpress seems to be the program for blogging. 🤷🏼‍♀️

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I already host my galleries on SmugMug but want to add a blog and a prettier front face; Wordpress seems to be the program for blogging. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Do you have your own site? If so, check with your web host to see if they have Wordpress setup within their system. Mine does and it's pretty simple. Especially if you already use similar sm templates.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Not an awful lot today as the heat is intense here in the UK at the moment. I’m walking around the house doing very little and dripping with sweat as there’s just no relief from it.

It’s weird as it was hotter when I was in Mallorca last week but all the buildings are air conditioned and access to a pool made it all the more bearable. My house is insulated with 50mm kingspan in all the walls and roof and on days like this it’s awful. Fab in the winter though.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not an awful lot today as the heat is intense here in the UK at the moment. I’m walking around the house doing very little and dripping with sweat as there’s just no relief from it.

It’s weird as it was hotter when I was in Mallorca last week but all the buildings are air conditioned and access to a pool made it all the more bearable. My house is insulated with 50mm kingspan in all the walls and roof and on days like this it’s awful. Fab in the winter though.
Same here. Supposed to break Monday. Can’t wait. Do everything early in the morning, then retreat to the house.
Went for an early morning run, then a walk with Mrs AFB.
28.5 in the lounge. But the suns not round this side of the house yet. 30 in the kitchen where it’s been shinning for awhile.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Do you have your own site? If so, check with your web host to see if they have Wordpress setup within their system. Mine does and it's pretty simple. Especially if you already use similar sm templates.
I do own my own domain through GoDaddy and they could host it, but it's more expensive than tranferring the domain to Wordpress. I'm just don't know if I can keep the same domain name for both SmugMug and Wordpress and just differentiate them by folder names or something. I can embed my SM galleries into wordpress with a plugin, but I think they will lose the myname.com address that they already use if I want to link to them directly?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

28.5 in the lounge. But the suns not round this side of the house yet. 30 in the kitchen where it’s been shinning for awhile.

The weather gods could be a little more even handed... I woke up this morning to 48ºF / 9ºC and glad I didn't leave windows open last night. It's still a bit chilly in the house even with the sun up for hours now.

Hope your weather breaks to the cooler side soon!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

If you're looking at a paid service, and want something turnkey, checkout Wix and SquareSpace. They've got hundreds of templates/design for various use cases: products, photo galleries, different businesses and dozens of plugins. Since they supply the entire solution: infrastructure, CMS, design, billing, domain management if needed, etc., it's a little more put together, better security, one company handling everything through a single customer support channel, and are both pretty inexpensive.

Both have free trials as well, so you could do a quick config on a site, see if it meets all your needs, compare the two platforms (even vs. a WP site ...)

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
If you're looking at a paid service, and want something turnkey, checkout Wix and SquareSpace. They've got hundreds of templates/design for various use cases: products, photo galleries, different businesses and dozens of plugins. Since they supply the entire solution: infrastructure, CMS, design, billing, domain management if needed, etc., it's a little more put together, better security, one company handling everything through a single customer support channel, and are both pretty inexpensive.

Both have free trials as well, so you could do a quick config on a site, see if it meets all your needs, compare the two platforms (even vs. a WP site ...)

i’m not looking to sell anything. my primary goal is to add a blog to my existing site. secondary would be a better looking front page. but the blog is the biggest thing.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
i’m not looking to sell anything. my primary goal is to add a blog to my existing site. secondary would be a better looking front page. but the blog is the biggest thing.

Oh, those aren't specifically for building e-commerce sites, they can be information, personal, photos, etc., just offering another alternative (and I'm not much of a fan of WP). A guy I know locally uses Wix for a car club, so it's got photos, an event schedule, a sign up page for specific cruise-ins, etc.

Like I saw this gallery how to from a Wix support page, seemed pretty cool:

WP is good because you can deploy it on your own managed services, but if you're going to pay for hosting/management/WP, then I think there are better alternatives.

But if you've got an existing site and you want to just sort of supplement some blogging functionality, WP might make more sense.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I never could get the hang of Wordpress. I’ve been very happy with Wix.
i would love to see if you don’t mind sharing. 🙂 you can pm me if you don’t want it public.

Top Bottom
1 2