Wherein I Regale You With My 3Dness.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
@Renzatic - Interesting. I’ve never heard of Blender but it looks like something my step daughter would enjoy. Is there a Blender forum where people post projects, discussions, share tips?

Holy shit! It's you! How you been?

...you still using your Big Green Egg?

Yup. Beyond Blender.org, there are three main sites most Blender people congregate around.

-Where people show off their work, and ask questions.

-The more curated form of the above, run by the same bunch.

-Where you buy plugins, models, and whatnot.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Holy shit! It's you! How you been?

...you still using your Big Green Egg?

Yup. Beyond Blender.org, there are three main sites most Blender people congregate around.

-Where people show off their work, and ask questions.

-The more curated form of the above, run by the same bunch.

-Where you buy plugins, models, and whatnot.

I’m going really well, thank you! Hope you’re well!! Yeah, I spend a lot of time using the Egg particularly this summer.

Thank you for the links. I’m texting them to her them now. I like your hobby and will be watching for updates!

Renzatic

Reaction score
Thank you for the links. I’m texting them to her them now. I like your hobby and will be watching for updates!

Another thing you should recommend to her is Substance Painter. It's a godsend of a program that makes the texturing process so, so much easier. The only downside to it is that it's not free. $150 flat out for a license, or $20 a month for a subscription to the Substance suite.

Though if money is an object, there's also Quixel Mixer, which isn't bad, especially considering it's still a work in progress beta, but it can't go toe to toe with Painter yet.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Getting there. But besides the window, which I'm going to do tomorrow, it feels like it's missing something. Too many empty spaces still.

StylizedLab4.jpg

Last edited:

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
@Renzatic - Interesting. I’ve never heard of Blender but it looks like something my step daughter would enjoy. Is there a Blender forum where people post projects, discussions, share tips?

I found https://www.blender.org/ btw.

They have made entire movies with Blender.

There used to be a lot of forums focusingn on both 3D and visual effects. It seems like cgsociety is still around, but it doesn't look that active. I thought Blender had forums.

You want cans? You get cans!

View attachment 104

And the scene with which the cans are in.

Ah yeah I am glad you went with the Children of the Corn reference. Also in the original scene, it looks like they have a repurposed G5 tower by their bed.

Renzatic

Reaction score
They have made entire movies with Blender.

Spring is probably my favorite of the bunch, since it's the one that marked when Blender really started to improve. It looks about as good as a Pixar movie.

Ah yeah I am glad you went with the Children of the Corn reference.

You were the inspiration for the Chowder of the Corn, brah. That's all you! :D

Renzatic

Reaction score
It's ok to have empty space. It can say as much as the item that's missing.

I'm not a good enough of an artist to start playing with negative space yet.

...so I added cables to the floor.

I think I'm gonna call it a day on this one. There isn't anything more I can add without making it too busy. It's served as good practice.

StylizedLab5.jpg

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
I'm not a good enough of an artist to start playing with negative space yet.

...so I added cables to the floor.

I think I'm gonna call it a day on this one. There isn't anything more I can add without making it too busy. It's served as good practice.

View attachment 211

This is pretty attractive...warm glow and feel. Fascinating.

It reminds me of a scene from Myst. Can you add clicks when tapping on things, and sounds to objects? Does the radio work? I imagine hearing some faint sound of chimes blowing in the wind and a little surf in the background.

Renzatic

Reaction score
This is pretty attractive...warm glow and feel. Fascinating.

It reminds me of a scene from Myst. Can you add clicks when tapping on things, and sounds to objects? Does the radio work? I imagine hearing some faint sound of chimes blowing in the wind and a little surf in the background.

That could be done, but I'd have to import everything into something like Unreal Engine or Unity to do it.

...though I could make it a movie in Blender. It'd take a lot of work and extra learning, but it can be done.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
That could be done, but I'd have to import everything into something like Unreal Engine or Unity to do it.

...though I could make it a movie in Blender. It'd take a lot of work and extra learning, but it can be done.

Are those test tubes on the shelf below the lights? Lol...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I need to post some pics of our one our VR products (Screen Play) it let you play famous movie scenes, you had a floating teleprompter, you engaged in some interactions (like Obi Wan handing Luke his father's lightsaber), you had an audience who floated around in little cameras who could view it from any angle, rate your performance.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Do it. This thread doesn't have to be about just my stuff.

You know, when I posted that I was thinking, "Geez, this is shitty, Renz makes this nice thread about his 3D design and I'm derailing it."

Renzatic

Reaction score
You know, when I posted that I was thinking, "Geez, this is shitty, Renz makes this nice thread about his 3D design and I'm derailing it."

It gets boring just talking about my crap all the time. Consider this the general 3D thread, and post whatever you want.

Top Bottom
1 2