White-lined Sphinx Moth - from my backyard

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm used to hummingbirds but letting the dogs out one early morning before the sun came up I caught a silhouette of this thing flying around, was quick and sounded just like a hummingbird but was noticeably smaller. So I grabbed my camera, made some quick adjustments (as it was almost pitch dark) and snapped some shots. This is noisy and not a quality I would normally ever share but it was so unique that I wanted to post it up. A quick Google search gave me the species and some info.

Forgive the color noise, the fact that I was even able to pull anything out as it came out of the camera nearly black is a testament to how well the Sony AR7III deals with low light situations.

DSC06804_moth.jpg

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
we have these here too (I call them hummingbird moths) but they are boring brown. you get so many more colorful variations out there!

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm used to hummingbirds but letting the dogs out one early morning before the sun came up I caught a silhouette of this thing flying around, was quick and sounded just like a hummingbird but was noticeably smaller. So I grabbed my camera, made some quick adjustments (as it was almost pitch dark) and snapped some shots. This is noisy and not a quality I would normally ever share but it was so unique that I wanted to post it up. A quick Google search gave me the species and some info.

Forgive the color noise, the fact that I was even able to pull anything out as it came out of the camera nearly black is a testament to how well the Sony AR7III deals with low light situations.

View attachment 13802

Whoa! Nice snag. And what a beautiful moth!

Top Bottom
1 2