Wordle Bot tells you how good your guesses are.

Wordlebot

Reaction score
The Wordle bot is an AI built by the New York City Times that analyzes your Wordle guesses, comparing them to the most accurate ones. This is Wordle's best practical video game designed to be played every day.

The Wordle robot has analyzed every Wordle option so far, identifying what types of words are chosen for responses in the game. So every day, it uses that understanding to calculate the best guess- the one that gets you the ideal answer the fastest.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
The Wordle bot is an AI built by the New York City Times that analyzes your Wordle guesses, comparing them to the most accurate ones.
This is misleading. The link “Wordle bot” does not lead to the WordleBot at New York Times, it leads to what I assume is your own competing site.

I could absolutely believe that the actual solver is legit and possibly even good, but the website is a mess. The “About us” doesn’t really say anything, visitors have no idea who is behind the site. Looks really bad when combined with a post advertising the site/service as “an AI built by the New York City[sic] Times”…

The bot on the site is also referred to as “WordleBot”, “Wordle Bot”, “Wardle Bot”, and “WardleBot”. On the very same page… Plus, in the post above, “Wordle robot”. References to the NYT bot also varies.

The FAQ is a bit confusing as well…

1. Is your opening word good enough?​

Yes, you can. Look for a tiny bot icon next to the "Wordle Bot' text and click it. It will bring a new pop-up window where you can test your opening word and see how it ranks.

My recommendation is that you give your tool a new name, any name, and then add “Wordle Solver” or something when referring to it to help people find it. “Rupert the AI Wordle Solver”, or whatever. Make it clear that it is not affiliated with NYT, it is a cool indie project made by enthusiasts (is it? sounds good at least!)

It would also be a good idea to enlist the help of someone fluent in English…

Top Bottom
1 2