WWDC 2022: Wishlist

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
Springboard on iOS is the equivalent of the Finder shell in macOS.

I would like to see iCloud Drive far more reliable in its synchronizing, so that one tiny file couldn't stop the whole process. In other words, no more "waiting to upload".

throAU

Site Champ
Reaction score
iPadOS
  • Virtual memory support

If i can get that, so that the OS can actually run things in the background (even if most of the app is swapped out) or at least suspend the entire state to flash instead of just closing the app, i'll be happy with that as the sole improvement to ipadOS.

This is a killer for the ipad as a productivity device, browser tabs going AWOL, terminal sessions being disconnected in the background, etc.

I don't even care about arbitrary sized windows, etc. as even on my Macbook i run most stuff full screen and just swipe between full screen apps anyway (and especially with a 10" ipad, the screen is too small for serious multi-window stuff anyway). But just terminating apps and losing state if they're in the background may have been fine for when the ipad was purely a consumption device. It is NOT ok today.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This is a Youtuber I've been following since I dedicated more time to the iPad. They pretty much work mostly on their iPads.

Has a pretty good wish list, starting with my most requested one.

I would love Font Book, for my scripts. It gets old when I do some work on a script on the MBP & when I move to the iPP, it gives the me the notification of missing fonts. I would like my projects to be consistent from device to device.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I would love Font Book, for my scripts. It gets old when I do some work on a script on the MBP & when I move to the iPP, it gives the me the notification of missing fonts. I would like my projects to be consistent from device to device.

You know, I don't think I've ever considered the lack of font portability between MacOS and iPadOS. I've opened docs in Word on both, but usually on the iPad it's just to review (and the docs tend to use some standard, default font).

What app are you using for scripts? I've read Scrivener or Duet are like the "go to" apps.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'll be on front of the Apple TV tomorrow, I'll grab the wife's MBA for some "real time" posting :D

Also ... Old Fashions on deck (for tomorrow) :D

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You know, I don't think I've ever considered the lack of font portability between MacOS and iPadOS. I've opened docs in Word on both, but usually on the iPad it's just to review (and the docs tend to use some standard, default font).

What app are you using for scripts? I've read Scrivener or Duet are like the "go to" apps.
Scrivener is the one of choice, but... It has a subscription model. So believe it or not, I just use pages.

I adapted something known as the Dark Horse Comics script. It's a format that after awhile & adapting for yourself that is easy to use.

Scrivener has so many cool features like the index cards and more for really developing your work, but I am just loathe to pay a subscription for software. Especially if my access to my work can be cutoff if I don't maintain the sub. To entertain myself I tend to add different fonts, colors, and such to make the script stand out. If someone else is using the script, they will adapt it for themselves. Since lately I am only writing scripts for myself for my own amusement, it doesn't really matter the format. I just tend to do a script or notes here, then maybe want to do some on the iPP while I am out, and so on.

Also, the Notes app is pretty good as well. It's fun mixing your hand writing, drawings, and type altogether. Don't sleep on it.

Example:
52125078203_f070da4c2a.jpg
52125289404_d5b1b73709.jpg

If you want to see a 'logo', it had better be an image, because a version you use with a typeface won't show. It isn't big of a deal. But if you have the slightest bit of OCD, you end up distracted and wasting time fixing the pages the way you intended. Basically formatting ends up all over the place, as you can even see with the "original" page.

Note: Both pages are from Pages, but I knew the formatting didn't match, so I used it to give an idea of what a page looks like for OS to IOS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2