Your pictures of random animals (not pets)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Or at least not your pet. Pictures you took in your life’s journey. I’ll yield the floor to my esteemed colleagues to start the pictures.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm in. This is a tiger from the San Francisco zoo looking all posh and what not.

tiger.jpg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
When we had lunch downtown on Wednesday, a squirrel came to visit. They are quite different from the ones we have in our yard. I offered him a French fry, and he happily took it up the tree to feast.
E560E974-9A76-495B-ADF0-BA2260DC9A64.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And then there are random dogs. The first one is my grand-dog, Leo. He’s old and is settling into some age-related illnesses, but still the apple of my daughter’s eye.

The second is totally random. I don’t know who he belongs to, but every few months he manages to escape and he comes for a visit. He’s as quick to come in the door as my floors cat is to go out.

442D5AC1-FEDF-43CF-A91F-8EFC9591EB86.jpeg
1C69D43E-31B6-422B-9DAC-BACEBF3C65B8.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
And then there are random dogs. The first one is my grand-dog, Leo. He’s old and is settling into some age-related illnesses, but still the apple of my daughter’s eye.

The second is totally random. I don’t know who he belongs to, but every few months he manages to escape and he comes for a visit. He’s as quick to come in the door as my floors cat is to go out.

View attachment 374View attachment 375

Inspired by your random visitor dog. There are 7 cabins on the property we have our cabin on. Most people bring their dogs. This dog is super friendly and when we were packing up to leave she jumped in The backseat to go home with us.

FF7D9E10-90A0-40DC-8049-4DA3FEA4DCA4.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think we need tech support. This is the second time Today I’ve attempted to post a portrait view picture and it posted it in landscape view. Posting from an iPad or iPhone if that helps to troubleshoot.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Inspired by your random visitor dog. There are 7 cabins on the property we have our cabin on. Most people bring their dogs. This dog is super friendly and when we were packing up to leave she jumped in The backseat to go home with us.

I love dogs who are that friendly!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Or at least not your pet. Pictures you took in your life’s journey. I’ll yield the floor to my esteemed colleagues to start the pictures.

Well these are pets but they belong to kinfolk who showed up to a reunion. Chips, dips and other irrelevant-to-dogs items had been exhausted, and grill fare like chicken and sausages were appearing on plates about the time this picture was taken. Harley and Wyatt set aside their earlier oh-yeah-sez-who? dominance issues to focus on what really mattered.

the food warranted attention.jpg
This should probably moved to the photography forum.

I concur but nobody has called a mod yet and I'm not gonna do it either. 🙃

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well these are pets but they belong to kinfolk who showed up to a reunion. Chips, dips and other irrelevant-to-dogs items had been exhausted, and grill fare like chicken and sausages were appearing on plates about the time this picture was taken. Harley and Wyatt set aside their earlier oh-yeah-sez-who? dominance issues to focus on what really mattered.

Woohoo! I did have the power so I moved it! Yay me!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

That looks like a great classic comedy dog duo.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I love opossums. The critters really get a bad rap. We found a dead baby in the back yard a few weeks ago. Gave it a good burial. We try to feed them on occasion.

There was a sweet fairly young one used to climb up the branches of a lilac close to my kitchen window one early spring and peer in at me... hungry and nearly fearless, she'd even reach out one of her hands towards the window. That window doesn't have a storm on it since it was how I helped regulate temps in the kitchen with the woodstove I had back then. Soooo... like an idiot, I eventually ended up sticking apples and shelled nuts or bread out there for her. I think she was the same one that later adopted the underside of my deck to shelter herself while caring for her young, and would hiss at me fiercely from under there as I approached my own back door all spring. But she was irresistible. Those little fingers, wow.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We had this Ring Tailed Hawk on our fence, it was amazing, so close, but so-so lighting (it was super overcast), so mediocre photos, it lingered for a few, we could tell it could sense us moving near the windows.

Then it swooped down into the yard behind us, I could see the wings flapping, something was going on, it flew back up to the fence with a mouse, just amazing. It flew off just a few seconds later.

Nice job, all rodents must die.

That vertical post is a 4x4, so you can get a sense of the size!

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We had this Ring Tailed Hawk on our fence, it was amazing, so close, but so-so lighting (it was super overcast), so mediocre photos, it lingered for a few, we could tell it could sense us moving near the windows.

Then it swooped down into the yard behind us, I could see the wings flapping, something was going on, it flew back up to the fence with a mouse, just amazing. It flew off just a few seconds later.

Nice job, all rodents must die.

That vertical post is a 4x4, so you can get a sense of the size!

View attachment 723
View attachment 724
View attachment 725
That's badass. When I leave my parents' house surrounded by agriculture I often see hanks hanging out on the telephone pole wires but I haven't see one on their fence, or any closure than I get in the big city.

Top Bottom
1 2