AirPods Pro hit and miss connectivity

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Both my wife and I have the latest AirPods pro and when they work they're great. The issue we have is that when a call comes in and we put them in, the connectivity is hit and miss, it happens enough that my wife just quit using hers and I'm almost ready to throw the towel in on mine. Most of the time if it doesn't connect I'll just plug in my wired headphones.

We do have our macs but they have never been connected to them, just trying to figure out if it's just us and what else may be causing it.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
my Bose work better for calls then my AirPods any version. even my beats sports do better. I have given up on the AirPods with masks they pop out of your ears way too easily. plus I need two pair to make it through the day. I used them under my ear muffs at work but now I use Bose nose canceling headphones they sound much better and block the woodworking noise at the same time. Plus they go 16 hours on a charge

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This probably doesn’t help much but I really haven’t had issues with calls on my AirPods Pro.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with calls but with connectivity.

I think after this pair dies I will try a different brand, like Bose or something else.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I think after this pair dies I will try a different brand, like Bose or something else.
I would. I actually like getting away from the connectivity of airpods and the beats. I get more glitches because of it. like when riding and I use hey siri on my watch my stuff playing stops and often wont start up again sometimes I have to stop and get it going manually. never with my bose. I have had the airpods since the beginning and they would not connect or connect and nothing would play, I would have to leave them in the case for a few minutes or change pairs that happened for years.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Exactly, once it's connected it works great but as soon as there's a call and I put them in it's like a 50/50 shot they'll work, then I have to ask the other party if they can hear me and then disconnect if they don't, etc. Too much of a pain in the ass for that price.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
SO I've had a pair of Bose QC35's for a few years. They work great. However recently I trashed the ear muffs as I started using them for working out. Not a good idea! Anyway I ordered a set of AirPods Pro's and they are great for working out. Much cooler on my ears and I have no trouble keeping them in (maybe all that ear hair helps?). But I find them less convenient than my QC to adjust music level or pause/skip tracks.
Not used them on a call, because no one calls me at the time I use them!

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would. I actually like getting away from the connectivity of airpods and the beats. I get more glitches because of it. like when riding and I use hey siri on my watch my stuff playing stops and often wont start up again sometimes I have to stop and get it going manually. never with my bose. I have had the airpods since the beginning and they would not connect or connect and nothing would play, I would have to leave them in the case for a few minutes or change pairs that happened for years.
Exactly, once it's connected it works great but as soon as there's a call and I put them in it's like a 50/50 shot they'll work, then I have to ask the other party if they can hear me and then disconnect if they don't, etc. Too much of a pain in the ass for that price.

Yes, the connectivity is hit or miss. When it connects and works it's great. But when it can't connect or won't connect it's a mess. I've had to "reset" them many times by putting the airpods back into the case and then trying to connect again. Sometimes that doesn't even work. I leave a pair of old Bose Wired headphones in my desk for this very reason. Sometimes they will refuse to connect and I'll just grab my 5 year old wired bose headphones and they work.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, the connectivity is hit or miss. When it connects and works it's great. But when it can't connect or won't connect it's a mess. I've had to "reset" them many times by putting the airpods back into the case and then trying to connect again. Sometimes that doesn't even work. I leave a pair of old Bose Wired headphones in my desk for this very reason. Sometimes they will refuse to connect and I'll just grab my 5 year old wired bose headphones and they work.
having two pair fixed it when it would not connect I would just go to the next and it would work. this happened for several years on several phones and several airpods.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

having two pair fixed it when it would not connect I would just go to the next and it would work. this happened for several years on several phones and several airpods.
Makes you wonder if it's more to do with Bluetooth than anything else. Although, I'll say I did have better luck with my old non-pro first gen version but the batteries finally started to give out.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if it's more to do with Bluetooth than anything else. Although, I'll say I did have better luck with my old non-pro first gen version but the batteries finally started to give out.
it is apples bluetooth though never had it on any other brand. I had it on my beats sports too. so it seems to be a apple chip thing. but one that has went through at least two generations.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Solution: Leave them in your ears and connected 24/7. 😃 I get a serious sense of being a mover and shaker when I'm listening to a podcast and Siri pauses it to read a text message or so I can take a phone call.😃

When not connected I'd say I have a little better than 50% chance they're going to connect when I get a call. Sometimes I completely miss the call waiting for them to connect or the caller has to listen to me fumbling around while I'm trying to get them to connect. I'll tell you this much, now I almost refuse to talk on the phone if I have to actually hold it to my face and if I do its going to be a substantially shorter call.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Solution: Leave them in your ears and connected 24/7. 😃 I get a serious sense of being a mover and shaker when I'm listening to a podcast and Siri pauses it to read a text message or so I can take a phone call.😃

When not connected I'd say I have a little better than 50% chance they're going to connect when I get a call. Sometimes I completely miss the call waiting for them to connect or the caller has to listen to me fumbling around while I'm trying to get them to connect. I'll tell you this much, now I almost refuse to talk on the phone if I have to actually hold it to my face and if I do its going to be a substantially shorter call.
that does not work I would often have them paused and getting them going could be a pain.sometimes only a few minutes my phone would forget what I was listening too.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps your iPhone is telling you to consider listening to better podcasts. It's a feature! [emoji2]

But I listen to mostly audio books lots of different kinds. Apple hates me. I like how it counts listening to books and stuff screen time you know I’m not using the screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

floridakilos

Reaction score
My Jabara Elites did a better job of auto switching between devices and connecting than the airpods do. I could stop playing music on my iphone and start playing youtube on my iPad and it would just seamlessly connect. Airpods I just always go into bluetooth to connect because the auto switching is so bad. I'll continue using them because I haven't found any other earbuds that get as loud as the Airpods Pro do, but Apple definitely needs to work on this.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with their Airpods connecting to their phone when they're in the case and not in use?

For example, my music wouldn't connect/play via Bluetooth in my truck because I had my airpods in my bag and it was connected to my Airpods??? Even though I wasn't listening to them. They were in the case. It's weird. It has been doing this off and on the last few weeks. I have never had this issue in the past. It is annoying. I had to manually disconnect it so that I could play music in my truck.

Even when I am on my Macbook I will get a notification that my Airpods just connected to my MacBook, and the airpods are in my bag??

Top Bottom
1 2