Apple Event 4/20

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
D'oh! Got my own answer on that. Know what I am ordering on the 30th definitely if it's available.
I also like my Apple TV 4K. Great device. Glad to see Apple is updating it, even though I don’t need the newer version at this moment… but like you, the new remote is tempting.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
That will be pretty great, and unlike Microsoft Apple will probably insist desktop apps ported to iOS will be optimized for a touch screen experience, another reason to give the closed garden concept some praise.

I don’t have money upfront for a new iPad, but I do have an Apple Card and am curious about their advertised payment plan with their card. Is it they only charge you $100 (or whatever) a month or do they charge you $1,000 (or whatever) and just not charge interest if you pay at least $100 per month on your card payment? There are plenty of sites/services/cards that do the latter and IMO no longer special or appealing.
I thought I remember Apple having the intention that if you make an app, it takes little effort to make a desktop version and vice versa.

I unfortunately never tried for their card.

I myself always had a plan since the days of iPhones where I get something, then save for two years in anticipation of being every other version. I passed on last years, so I am 3 years into saving. Or I have enough for a 2GB with new cover, and if they had a new pencil. :LOL:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Was anybody else surprised that they didn’t put a higher performance chip into the new iMacs? Same chips as the iPad Pro or MacBook Air. It looks like an oversized iPad on a stand… so I guess they decided to go for the form factor over higher performance.

Maybe the higher-performance M2 or M1X will debut at WWDC? I have to think that a 16” MBP with a higher-performance chip that has more RAM would be extremely popular at such an event.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Was anybody else surprised that they didn’t put a higher performance chip into the new iMacs? Same chips as the iPad Pro or MacBook Air. It looks like an oversized iPad on a stand… so I guess they decided to go for the form factor over higher performance.

Maybe the higher-performance M2 or M1X will debut at WWDC? I have to think that a 16” MBP with a higher-performance chip that has more RAM would be extremely popular at such an event.
Not really. Figured all entry-level models would be pretty much the same when both the Air and the Pro got the same stuff.

I would absolutely expect the remaining models to sport beefier chips. M2 or M1X? WWDC or other event? Not even gonna make a guess.

U

User.45

D'oh! Got my own answer on that. Know what I am ordering on the 30th definitely if it's available.
One of the reasons I didn't post at MR for years is I once complained about that shitty pathetic remote. I described that it either gets lost between couch cushions, the dog sits on it, or my toddler runs away with it and all of these actions end up stuff getting fast forwarded to spoilers; I was told it's not a design issue, it is a problem with "my environmental control". I'm still absolutely puzzled by that response. Meanwhile the user rating of the remote was like 1.7/5 on Apple.com.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Kind of disappointed that the iMacs are the same M1 SoC. But on the other hand I’m not tempted to buy one now lol. I’ll hold off for that Mac Pro Mini or maybe the larger iMac which I would hope would have higher specs. I need at least 32GB for a desktop. Glad they refreshed the Apple TV. I’ll definitely be buying one. I might also get some Airtags, but undecided. I’m not one that loses things really. I’ve never lost my keys or my wallet.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nomad, already with a slick AirTag accessory!

1618962663970.png

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
 is getting all my money. I’m getting the iMac, tv, and iPad. Technically my mom is buying the iPad. Then she’s getting my 2018 Pro. She’s also getting my 1st Gen tv 4K because she still has the HD. I wish the iMac were bigger but I want to upgrade before my Late 2013 iMac dies and I don’t need it to be super beefy. I’m getting it in pink. It’s gonna look so cute in my office!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
 is getting all my money. I’m getting the iMac, tv, and iPad. Technically my mom is buying the iPad. Then she’s getting my 2018 Pro. She’s also getting my 1st Gen tv 4K because she still has the HD. I wish the iMac were bigger but I want to upgrade before my Late 2013 iMac dies and I don’t need it to be super beefy. I’m getting it in pink. It’s gonna look so cute in my office!
Sounds like your year to upgrade, lots of great stuff this time around really. I'm betting the Airtags are going to sell out quick but I'm going for the 4 pack.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
Sounds like your year to upgrade, lots of great stuff this time around really. I'm betting the Airtags are going to sell out quick but I'm going for the 4 pack.

It totally is! I’m we’re lucky that the iPad mini 4 she’s been using still works. The home button is quickly giving up the ghost.

Oh yeah those AirTags have been so anticipated that they will sell out super quick. I’m gonna have my sister get them since she travels a lot. Well when travel is a thing again.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It totally is! I’m we’re lucky that the iPad mini 4 she’s been using still works. The home button is quickly giving up the ghost.

Oh yeah those AirTags have been so anticipated that they will sell out super quick. I’m gonna have my sister get them since she travels a lot. Well when travel is a thing again.
Funny, I didn't even know how much I needed something that I didn't even know existed until today lol.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
seems airbag is just like tile really. tile finally had a service if you left the range of something it would set off a notification. but when I tested it took 5 minutes or so to go off. thats what I wanted if I dropped my gloves to get a notification that they are out of range.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know I am going to start losing stuff now for saying this, but I don't really have an experience based need for the airtags and can't think of any possible use beyond my keys. Everything else is an Apple product that already has a "find my" function baked into it.

Just saw the new iMacs and, wow, what a visual design disappointment. I don't know if this is the first major post Ive redesign, but for me it's a fail.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but how is AppleTV better than just the apps we get on our SmartTV?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I know I am going to start losing stuff now for saying this, but I don't really have an experience based need for the airtags and can't think of any possible use beyond my keys. Everything else is an Apple product that already has a "find my" function baked into it.

Just saw the new iMacs and, wow, what a visual design disappointment. I don't know if this is the first major post Ive redesign, but for me it's a fail.

Yeah, I don't need airtags. I can't really think of a use for them so I'm gonna pass.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but how is AppleTV better than just the apps we get on our SmartTV?
I don’t know what the interface is like on your Smart TV but I find the Apple TV interface to be the best by far… that is my personal opinion though. And if you want to have that integration with other Apple devices, and the ability to play apple Arcade games on it…

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Why is the price difference of doubling the drive size on the Apple TV only $20? and are you able to download TV show and movie content on to it (again, finally)? I was one of the original Apple TV owners that was pissed off when you could no longer store shows or movies on the drive. I have a cabin where I don't have high speed internet access and it was great to just throw the thing in my bag and have access to my entire video library without needing the internet at all. I imagine people who travel a lot, access to internet or not, would also like to have that option.

And a side bitch, I'm a little tired of Apple products demanding you are connected to a wifi router to stream when you should just have the ability to stream directly to the device. AFAIK all Apple TVs and third party manufactures that now have Airplay included require you to be connected to the internet. Why? Throw Home Pods in there as well, no internet - no connecting to them.

Top Bottom
1 2