Apple Event 4/20

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I do find it odd that Apple would deliberately choose to do their event on 4/20. Dude.

"I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins."

"You don't know anyone named Johnny Hopkins."

"It was Johnny Hopkins, and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazin' that shit up everyday."

That explains the iMac colors I guess?

Hey, like umm, how do you know the same iMac colors you saw, we're, uh, the same iMac colors I saw ?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, and I'm going to need everyone to stay off Apple.com tomorrow so I can score some AirTags ...
Okay, I'll stay off. Hypothetically speaking, if I were to jump on (even though I promised not to) what time would I start, midnight?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Doh! I'm also a day early, I can't get my day of the week sorted out ...

THIS FUCKING QUERY IS KILLING ME

Sorry.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Doh! I'm also a day early, I can't get my day of the week sorted out ...

THIS FUCKING QUERY IS KILLING ME

Sorry.
I don't really think you're sorry, I just think you don't trust meatbags and would feed us misleading information. :sneaky:

U

User.191

Can't believe the nonsense over at the other place i've been reading about how the new iMac colors were "Too effeminate". Like Apple have never done bright colors before on their kit.

In the meantime I feel the need to pull the plug on a new 12.9" Pro (256GB Cellular) on the 30th. Already got the cash moved ready for it. I was rather hoping they'd have a bigger iMac as well but I guess I'll have to wait for either an M1X or M2 later this year...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Can't believe the nonsense over at the other place i've been reading about how the new iMac colors were "Too effeminate". Like Apple have never done bright colors before on their kit.

In the meantime I feel the need to pull the plug on a new 12.9" Pro (256GB Cellular) on the 30th. Already got the cash moved ready for it. I was rather hoping they'd have a bigger iMac as well but I guess I'll have to wait for either an M1X or M2 later this year...

There's a thread here, about that specific thread (from "over there"), hahaha, wow, even experiencing it second hand it was a shit show.

Yeah, some of us were speculating the M<something> next gen, likely a 12+16 core config (with larger RAM options) wasa likely going to be held back for the 30" (or whatever the larger size winds up being ...), and the mid-upper model MBP (at least the purported 16").

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I had a 12 Pro and wound up going back to the 11. I like being able to throw it in any purse and not have to always use the Neverfull just for tech.

U

User.191

I had a 12 Pro and wound up going back to the 11. I like being able to throw it in any purse and not have to always use the Neverfull just for tech.
I've got an original 9.3" that I brought back on its launch day that I'll keep as well. But I do a shit ton of work on my iPad and I'm really looking forward to having a pencil that's always charged and a bigger screen when I have to VPN and kick whichever DB Server has taken a dive in the electronix nuts.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Had a 4th gen Apple TV and waited very patiently for the new Apple TV to come out. Expected it for sure last spring but it didn’t happen. I did NOT want to buy a 3 year old ATV 4K. Then, my TV crapped out 3 weeks ago. Bought a nice new one immediately and...my 4th gen ATV did not look great on it. The home menu looked downright blurry. Ho-kay, fuck it, I’ll buy a ATV 4K.

Within weeks these fuckers release a new ATV 🙄. I bought it at Target on 06Apr so I suppose I could easily return it within a month.

One thing though. This color calibration thing (whatever it’s called) that you can do...that requires an iPhone with Face ID, am I reading that right? So my SE 2 couldn’t get it done?

The most compelling reason to upgrade is that the new version is the same price so why not have the latest hardware? The new remote looks cool but I like the old remote fine.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Just saw that the new AppleTV remote does not support the “Find My” stuff.

If there is one thing in need Find My for, it is my remotes!

Disappointed. Maybe not buying after all. At least not until there is a case combining the remote and an AirTag available 😝

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Had a 4th gen Apple TV and waited very patiently for the new Apple TV to come out. Expected it for sure last spring but it didn’t happen. I did NOT want to buy a 3 year old ATV 4K. Then, my TV crapped out 3 weeks ago. Bought a nice new one immediately and...my 4th gen ATV did not look great on it. The home menu looked downright blurry. Ho-kay, fuck it, I’ll buy a ATV 4K.

Within weeks these fuckers release a new ATV 🙄. I bought it at Target on 06Apr so I suppose I could easily return it within a month.

One thing though. This color calibration thing (whatever it’s called) that you can do...that requires an iPhone with Face ID, am I reading that right? So my SE 2 couldn’t get it done?

The most compelling reason to upgrade is that the new version is the same price so why not have the latest hardware? The new remote looks cool but I like the old remote fine.
Definitely return it and get the newest one. With its newer chip, you will be assured of TVOS updates for longer if nothing else.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
As somebody who wanted to get the latest iPhone right away, may I suggest using the Apple store app? I was able to buy mine with it when the website was overwhelmed by traffic.
That's always been my plan. I go on the website when you can look at the items, favorite tags ( if you want engraving you can also do that already ) , a new ipad pro, & white magic keyboard. When it's time to purchase you just go to your favorites in the actual store app, put them in the bag, and checkout. Much easier.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I do find it odd that Apple would deliberately choose to do their event on 4/20. Dude.

(I mean, Hitler's birthday? What the hell?)
WWDC was announced 69 days in advance.

Also, don't forget OS X Weed

muzdp5b7dxn01.jpg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I rarely watch the Apple events live and choose to catch summaries in my news feed later.

Unfortunately, Apple chose a lousy day since they were crowded out almost entirely by the Derrick Chauvin verdict.

But as someone who is still using a 2008 (yes, you read that right) 20-inch iMac, I'm very conscious of the fact that I'm gonna have to replace this thing sooner or later...and the 24" iMacs look very nice.

Not surprisingly, Apple is not offering me diddly-squat to trade mine in.

I've heard complaints about the colors, but I like them. The dumbest complaint I've heard so far has been Omigod! It's still got that huge, ugly chin! Well, the electronics have gotta go somewhere, genius. Better the chin than some rectangular bump-out on the back side of the screen.

Seriously, with a computer as old as mine, the only concern I have is that some apps (like Photoshop CS6 and Quicktime 7) won't run on it. I'm pretty sure PS will; I'm certain QT7 won't.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've heard complaints about the colors, but I like them. The dumbest complaint I've heard so far has been Omigod! It's still got that huge, ugly chin! Well, the electronics have gotta go somewhere, genius. Better the chin than some rectangular bump-out on the back side of the screen.
Yep this is my exact response to the chin complaints.

Top Bottom
1 2