Beat Buy and Apple

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is great. So a while back my iPad fell on the floor in the living room and the cellular stopped working. I got a physical sim card, reset the iPad and everything was fine. Fast forward to last week when the latest update came out. Could not update. Kept telling me I wasn't connected to WiFi. So I figured it had to do with the e-sim and made an appointment at Best Buy, since the closest Apple store is 2 hours away in New Orleans.

Got to BB today for my appointment and no matter what the poor guy did, Apple's servers wouldn't cooperate. It would run diagnostics and then tell him to do something else, always taking him back to square one. After quite a while he looked at me and said "this would be so much easier if it were just a cracked screen." So I walked out into the parking lot and threw it to the ground. Brought it back in and he processed it. I should have a new one on Friday..

cracked screen.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is great. So a while back my iPad fell on the floor in the living room and the cellular stopped working. I got a physical sim card, reset the iPad and everything was fine. Fast forward to last week when the latest update came out. Could not update. Kept telling me I wasn't connected to WiFi. So I figured it had to do with the e-sim and made an appointment at Best Buy, since the closest Apple store is 2 hours away in New Orleans.

Got to BB today for my appointment and no matter what the poor guy did, Apple's servers wouldn't cooperate. It would run diagnostics and then tell him to do something else, always taking him back to square one. After quite a while he looked at me and said "this would be so much easier if it were just a cracked screen." So I walked out into the parking lot and threw it to the ground. Brought it back in and he processed it. I should have a new one on Friday..

View attachment 4898
Where did the physical SIM card go and what did it do to temporarily fix the problem?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Where did the physical SIM card go and what did it do to temporarily fix the problem?
That’s the thing. The original issue was with the eSim. I got a physical Sim so that the iPad was useable. But the broke eSim wouldn’t allow an update.

Top Bottom
1 2