Booze. Wine, Beer, Spirits, 'Nuf said

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, OK, so I figured vs. a Beer and a Wine and a <something_something> spirit, I'd start a thread for all (I can change the name if anyone wants).

Seasonal beers are showing up WAY early this year, generally we refuse to buy till at least September, but I saw these earlier in the week, and couldn't pass them up (waiting till the weekend to drink the first one).

Dogfish Head is one of those do_no_wrong breweries. :cool:

IMG_7061.jpeg

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I live in Southern NH close to the Maine border. In Kittery, Maine there’s a brewery called Tributary I stopped at yesterday. Had their IPA and was repulsed by a heavy malt presence. Nothing bums me out, booze-wise, more than a malty fuckin IPA.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh to clarify the above, just not drinking __that__ beer specifically, all other beers are on deck :D

This was the last time I posted an inventory, around the first of the month:

Current beer fridge inventory

Stone Tangerine
Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing
Lagunitas IPA
Lagunitas Little Somethin' Somethin'
Victory Golden Monkey
Elysian Space Dust
Peak IPA
Peak Summertime IPA
Roadhouse Wilson Mountain Style
Terrapin Luau Krunkles
Terrapin High and Hazy

A few things have changed, I'll update it and get a fresh photo :D

I live in Southern NH close to the Maine border. In Kittery, Maine there’s a brewery called Tributary I stopped at yesterday. Had their IPA and was repulsed by a heavy malt presence. Nothing bums me out, booze-wise, more than a malty fuckin IPA.

Ha! I l don't mind a little bump in the "mid malts", you know where you maybe have a big hoppy hit up front, a little malt in the middle, but that finishes quickly and and ends in nice clean hops taste.

Something like (one of our faves), a Cigar City Jai Alai.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sipping an IPA this evening.

I assume that this thread also allows for a discussion of (and expression of an appreciation of) wine?

Ah, I have just re-read the OP: Wine is mentioned.

Very good.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Should have pointed out something I do like in addition to whining about bad beer. I think this IPA is excellent. Bright, hoppy flavor. 8% abv.

63d29e635a3c6fbf977a144e952341e3.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Today would have been my mother's birthday, had she lived, but she died just before midnight on December 21, 2018.

She would have been all of 90, a big birthday, one with a zero, and we would have celebrated it with her, with cakes and music, and she would have loved being the centre of attention, and being made a fuss of.

And so, I raise a glass to her, (a Double IPA, but it could equally have been wine) and take the opportunity to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Would anyone mind if I request a cleanup? Just a few really derailed posts, and I'd also like to say to @Chew Toy McCoy this thread is not about exclusion, snobbery, etc., heck, maybe you'll read about something you might totally dig on :)

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Would anyone mind if I request a cleanup? Just a few really derailed posts, and I'd also like to say to @Chew Toy McCoy this thread is not about exclusion, snobbery, etc., heck, maybe you'll read about something you might totally dig on :)

I'm more than cool with that.

And - for what it is worth - my mom liked both vodka ("I'll have a wodka" she would grin) and whisky.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@ericgtr12 Hey dude, would you mind nuking posts #6, 7, 8, 10 and 11? Those are the sort of conflict posts (and my boo-hoo post ...), but that leaves CTM's original post, some follow up, etc.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I'm more than cool with that.

And - for what it is worth - my mom liked both vodka ("I'll have a wodka" she would grin) and whisky.

🤗

I hope this place remains where we can find common interests and values but also passionately debate our opposing views without filter, you alcohol elitist snobs.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

@D_T: Wearing my mod hat, I've deleted the posts you requested - (never thought that my first action as a mod would also have been to delete some of my own ill-tempered posts as a part of that).

If you wish me to remove your request to Eric (the re-numbered no 10 post, requesting the clean-up), I'll also do so, or let me know what else needs to be tidied up.

@ericgtr12: That has been attended to; the offending posts have been consigned to the ether.

Back to booze, nectar, and discussing the Joys of the products of the Grape and the Grain.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
@ericgtr12 Hey dude, would you mind nuking posts #6, 7, 8, 10 and 11? Those are the sort of conflict posts (and my boo-hoo post ...), but that leaves CTM's original post, some follow up, etc.
@D_T: Wearing my mod hat, I've deleted the posts you requested - (never thought that my first action as a mod would also have been to delete some of my own ill-tempered posts as a part of that).

If you wish me to remove your request to Eric (the re-numbered no 10 post, requesting the clean-up), I'll also do so, or let me know what else needs to be tidied up.

@ericgtr12: That has been attended to; the offending posts have been consigned to the ether.

Back to booze, nectar, and discussing the Joys of the products of the Grape and the Grain.
Sorry I missed this request yesterday, I didn't happen to look at this thread. Thanks @Scepticalscribe for taking the initiative. :)

Posts can always be reported (even just for editorial purposes like this) and it will get our attention sooner but it looks like you guys got it handled.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This week, as my brother paid a visit - the first time I have seen him in eight months - (and we are close), we dined well, and sipped and savoured even better.

Wednesday evening featured a dinner (rack of lamb and my exceedingly good ratatouille) served with a Haut-Medoc Cru Bourgeois, and yesterday we treated ourselves to a bottle of Chablis (an excellent white wine from Burgundy) - which was served with my homemade fish chowder.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I see your Speckled Hen and raise you a Spotted Cow. 😂

View attachment 502

Brilliant.

Cheers (mimes raising glass).

Today, I asked the proprietor of the supermarket where - since Covid struck, as most of the better off-licences are still shut - I still buy my beer, about fresh orders; he has attempted to source some decent stuff for me, and (yet again) I wondered whether the more, ah, robust, version of this beer, which goes by the wonderful name of "Old Crusty Hen" can be sourced.

He promised to look into it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2