California Streamin’

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the same for me in that I'm still on the 11 pro max and will skip this release and likely hit it up next year. But I have to say the incremental updates are underwhelming in the last few years, if there still isn't something significant I might even skip the next one too.
Each year I try to balance the cost of upgrading against the real value of new or improved features:
  • Better battery life: I usually end my day with about 33% left and charge every night, so a couple more hours wouldn't make a difference.
  • Speed: I don't often find myself waiting for operations to finish.
  • Display: TBH, it's been more than adequate since at least the iPhone X. ProMotion may be worthwhile, though.
  • Network connectivity: Also not a problem, and 5G hasn't yet been deployed on my carrier's network. (I'm on FirstNet, which is still rolling out 5G support.)
  • Build and appearance: I keep my iPhone in a case, so rarely get to see what it looks like.
  • Notch: I wouldn't mind it going away, but it's never bothered me much.
  • Unlocking: Face ID works well for me, but I'd like an under-screen Touch ID option too.
  • Cameras: This was one of my main reasons for getting the 12 Pro last year. I shoot a lot of photos, and can do much more that I could with my previous phones, especially in low light.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We ate at this incredible place near the Apple Store, sat outside, so nice yesterday, took the Jeep (roofless mode) too.
Just shared the link with my mother so we can go there next time I’m out your way.
Network connectivity: Also not a problem, and 5G hasn't yet been deployed on my carrier's network. (I'm on FirstNet, which is still rolling out 5G support.)
Yesterday we were sitting at lunch down by the river and my husband said “oh, I guess there’s no service here,” and showed me his one bar and LTE on his phone. I then showed him the three bars and 5G on mine. Same carrier.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Why, yes Apple, I will be quite enjoying my iPhone trade-in kit 😆
58309AC2-AC9A-47E4-BC9E-32669A9265FE_1_105_c.jpeg

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I didn’t give me cats a chance. I brought the box in, opened it, put my old iPhone in it, sealed it, put the label on, and proceeded directly to the FedEx store.
Same. Packed up my old phone right away. Didn't get to make it to UPS today but planning on dropping it off tomorrow.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I happened to notice it was supposed to be returned through FedEx which is strange considering it came through UPS. Good thing I noticed before showing up to UPS with a FedEx package. 🙃

Top Bottom
1 2