Canadian "Freedom Convoy" protests

• Thread starter Deleted member 215
  • Start date
U

User.45

She's quite transparent about the grift which makes me consider her a satirical person:
In 2007, while a 17-year-old senior in high school, Owens said she received three racist death threat voicemail messages, totaling two minutes, from a group of white male classmates.[14][15][16][17] Joshua Starr, the city's superintendent of schools, listened to the voicemail messages and said that they were "horrendous".[17] Owens's family sued the Stamford Board of Education in federal court, alleging that the city did not protect her rights, resulting in a $37,500 settlement in January 2008.[13][18] She has a TEDx talk on the subject.[19]

Owens pursued an undergraduate degree in journalism at the University of Rhode Island.[1] She dropped out after her junior year because of an issue with her student loan.[1]

Degree180 and anti-conservative blog[edit]​

In 2015, Owens was CEO of Degree180, a marketing agency that offered consultation, production, and planning services.[1][6] The website included a blog, written by Owens, which frequently posted anti-conservative and anti-Trump content, including mockery of his penis size.[6][21] In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site, she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-shit-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party," adding, "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY."[1][3][22][23]

Conservative activism[edit]​

Owens speaks at the White House in 2019
By late 2017, Owens had started producing pro-Trump commentary, and criticism of structural racism, systemic inequality, and identity politics – positions she herself had been publishing two years earlier.[6][7][8] In 2017, she began posting politically themed videos to YouTube.[6] In September 2017, she launched Red Pill Black, a website and YouTube channel that promotes black conservatism in the United States.[26][27]

On November 21, 2017, at the MAGA Rally and Expo in Rockford, Illinois, Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk announced that Owens had been hired as the organization's director of urban engagement.[28] Turning Point's hiring of Owens occurred in the wake of allegations of racism at Turning Point.[6] In May 2019, Owens announced her departure as communications director for the organization.[9][29]

U

User.45

I dunno if it's satire exactly, so much as selling out. I imagine that being "one of the good ones," a black woman telling a bunch of white guys exactly what they want to hear, is fairly lucrative.
Yup, sellout, but still. Cash strapped young black woman who had documented experiences with racism goes on cashing in on said thing. Pretty hilarious if you take it as satire. Like these people don't even look up who they cheer on as long as she says what they wanna hear...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Looks like we'll be having our "Freedom Convoy" soon:

They told us at work today that this is coming. They said they will be doing something on the beltway outside of DC, not coming into the city itself… thank goodness. I don’t want to be a prisoner to chaotic and unpredictable street closures. Then you add in the smog from the trucks and the proud boys vandalizing the city… oy vey.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Now there is a supposed "people's convoy" which seeks to end all the mask mandates and "… to restore our once perfect Union …". Because, you know, some of us are apparently old enough to remember back when it was so perfect.

(It occurs to me that calling it the people's convoy sounds a bit marxist.)

I love how their "Trucker's Declaration" starts with:

“We the People of the United States, ..."

I think "a minority of the People" would have been more accurate. :rolleyes:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Do they not have jobs? If they do, are they taking their vacation days for THIS? Really? It seems crazy to me.

Right?

Driving 40+ hours, spending like $800 on just gas for some of those idiotic trucks, plus probably a hotel? Food?

If they do have jobs, they won't - or shouldn't - when they get back ...

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
The cross-country "freedom convoy" that started in southern California has petered out in the Las Vegas area, possibly because word got around that they were going to be going through Colorado in February.

Curiously, this seems to be happening right around the same time as Russia bank accounts are being frozen/blocked out from Europe and the US.

Top Bottom
1 2