Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Placed an order for some coffee today.
And (not for the first time), DHL did not deliver it within their own announced time window - hence, despite having waited for a further forty minutes, I headed out to do some necessary shopping (French bread, organic salad leaves, guanciale, cheese, demerara sugar.....)

Anyway, a small package of coffee awaited me on my return, sitting up, perkily, just outside my front door.

So, at the very least, I am amply stocked with coffee from El Salvador and from Ethiopia....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyed a coffee - made from a blend of my own devising of two different "natural" (that is, naturally processed) Ethiopian coffees - this morning, served with organic hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This morning's coffee was comprised of a blend of two "natural" (naturally processed, naturally sun dried, the older, more labour intensive and time consuming method of processing coffee, as opposed to "washed" coffees) coffees from Ethiopia, a blend of my own devising, served with organic hot milk and a dash of organic double cream.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Greatly enjoying a coffee (two different types of Ethiopian coffee, both "naturally" processed) with organic hot milk and a dash of organic double cream. Delicious.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I have just savoured a thoroughly enjoyable Ethiopian coffee (a blend of my own devising of two naturally processed coffees), with organic hot milk, croissants, with butter and French black cherry jam, and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
An afternoon coffee from Ethiopia (a blend - of my own devising - of two coffees, both naturally processed) with organic hot milk and a dash of organic double cream.

Divine.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoying my second coffee of the day: Ethiopian (a blend - of my own devising - of two "naturally processed" coffees from Ethiopia) with organic hot milk and a dash of organic double cream).

This sort of afternoon treat tends to happen only in really cold weather, or dark, dreary dismal weather, or insanely wet, weather. In other words, in winter.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed an Ethiopian coffee (honey processed, rather than the more usual washed or naturally processed coffee), with organic hot milk and a dash of organic double cream.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This morning, I enjoyed a coffee that was a blend (of my own devising) of two different coffees from Ethiopia, served with organic hot milk, and a dash of organic double cream.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I recently got a new coffee brewer, a Mr Coffee, which does a fine job of brewing coffee at an economical price and made a discovery. If I use a metal mesh basket to hold the grounds instead of a paper filter, it improves the flavor tremendously. How many knew about this, but kept it to yourselves? How many of you disagree with this assessment? ;) I read that the mesh basket allows the coffee bean oils to come though.

ArgoDuck

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Canon
^ Great to hear! I can’t help as all my experience is with espresso machines, which use only metal baskets. Tons of flavor and a thick crema, so no disagreement from me 😋

Top Bottom
1 2