Digital Photo Frame MacOS Compatible

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
For Christmas, my wife wanted an electronic photo frame so we looked for a relatively inexpensive solution an came up with:

4A9D0EEC-A487-459F-BDC5-0DEF6B8C6A7C.jpeg

This device has a touch screen and wifi, both are nice. But as you may know, regarding my recent thread about Apple Photos and Google Photos, I have been moving many of my wife’s photos over to Google Photos, which she can still look at on her iOSDevice, plus she has a MacBook Air where there are still many photos.

This device:
  • It uses an app called Frameo to transfer pictures to the frame.​
  • So the first thing I looked for was a MacOS compatible app, nope.​
  • Then I found an iOS app, but once you give it access to the photos on your device, in my case an iPad, it only sees the photos sitting in Apple Photos, it does not see Google Photo photos.​
  • So any photo I want to move to this frame, has to be cycled through my or my wife’s iPad. Definitely not going to do this though our phones.​
At this point I am frustrated, I may return this. Moving photos to this frame is more or less an infrequent event, but what I really want is a MacOS App, where it would not be a hassle to work there with photos to get them on this frame.

What is your experience with photo frames? My position is that a MacOS app is a requirement. I don’t want to have to cycle everything through my iPad. I can do some research , but I think this is going back to Amazon.
Thanks!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you tried selecting a photo/album/video in the Google Photos app, tapping share, then selecting Frameo?

This is helpful, but I've already packaged up the item. The important thing here is that I want to be managing my photos on my computer central, my MacBookPro, it's there that I have the storage, work with photos, and ultimately I don't want to have to cycle every photo I want to put on this device through my iPad. I was hopeful the Frameo app would be available at the MacOS App Store, but it's not there. :(

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have two Nest Hubs and it integrates perfectly with Google Photos, which is primarily what I use for all of my photos now. It's very much set it and forget it, pulling from your library with recent memories it focuses on people for the most part. I've also set other friends up with it and they seem to love it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Definitely not the cheapest but I‘m a Nixplay man myself. Also did their $5 a month subscription that allows me to upload videos up to a minute long. I have one at my work that runs my nature and critter videos. It’s some welcome escapism while at work. I also have holiday-centric playlists. So on those holidays I have it play those playlists, probably the easiest part of my holiday decorating and nothing to put away.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Definitely not the cheapest but I‘m a Nixplay man myself. Also did their $5 a month subscription that allows me to upload videos up to a minute long. I have one at my work that runs my nature and critter videos. It’s some welcome escapism while at work. I also have holiday-centric playlists. So on those holidays I have it play those playlists, probably the easiest part of my holiday decorating and nothing to put away.
Nixplay, I'll see if they have a MacOS app. Looks like they have a iPhone app. My goal is to not have to cycle the photos I want to load into a picture frame through my phone or tablet. My tablet would be ok, if the app could see the photos I have on google photos.

Top Bottom
1 2