Donald Trump has told his supporters they should ‘lay down their very lives’ to stop Critical Race Theory being taught in US schools.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
sad and funny at the same time. I mean let's give our lives for something that is not actually happening. I guess trump has had a lot of practice in this.
Donald Trump has told his supporters they should ‘lay down their very lives’ to stop Critical Race Theory being taught in US schools.
The former POTUS was speaking at a rally in South Carolina on Saturday night, addressing the crowd for almost an hour.
During his speech, he said getting rid of Critical Race Theory was a ‘matter of national survival’ and appeared to suggest his followers should be willing to ‘lay down their lives’ to do so.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
sad and funny at the same time. I mean let's give our lives for something that is not actually happening. I guess trump has had a lot of practice in this.
The former POTUS was speaking at a rally in South Carolina on Saturday night, addressing the crowd for almost an hour.
During his speech, he said getting rid of Critical Race Theory was a ‘matter of national survival’ and appeared to suggest his followers should be willing to ‘lay down their lives’ to do so.

Wasn‘t laying down lives to protect white supremacy tried by the south in the mid-19th century? How did that turn out again?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I guess he felt his half assed "it'll go away by summer" handling of the pandemic didn't get the job done well enough for 45's tastes.

So now he'll have his own fans chasing their tails for something that doesn't exist, but showing him they are willing to die for it.

As if CRT was out to somehow kill them. Well, maybe kill their outmoded way of life, but not them physically.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Trump is politically dead on arrival in more and more of the Republican Party circles that matter, and he also lacks the common sense to shut up, lawyer up and start hoping for the best in the resolution of his assorted legal difficulties. He's an increasingly pathetic figure. His comments on international affairs after Putin's invasion of Ukraine only accelerate the decline in his relevance to Amercan politics.

EDIT: [ in my considered opinion, of course. ]

lizkat

Reaction score
You are obviously not a retro gamer.

reminds me that i may still have a Tandy box upstairs and probably a monitor i used with it too. There's one walk-in closet upstairs with stuff in the back that I still haven't culled out.

Ah the days of innocence, when "Donald Trump" was some jerk in NYC who used to make what eventually became "Page Six" of the NY Post now and then, with his latest arm candy wife in tow.

Will never understand how we came to where we were in 2015-2016. It's like trying to figure out which butterfly was responsible for having launched some breeze that ended up as a Gulf hurricane. It's too easy to say it was a backlash against Obama, or even the natural culmination of years of both parties going down a self-serving path.

By time we could ever get enough perspective on Trump's weird appeal to authoritarian followers, this planet would have already have shrugged off the human species as ill suited to live on whatever was left of the place.

But those authoritarian followers have been and are a part of our ongoing problems, regardless of where the swarm of butterflies originated that brought us to the 2016 elections, and regardless of the fact that his GOP-affiliated political support is waning. There are others like Trump in the wings, and they may not be as charismatic but they're politically more savvy, and far less burdened by baggage like Trump's malleability, susceptibility to flattery and his vulnerability as a failed businessman.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Punch card and teletype, nothing beats taking 15 minutes to do a "turn left" in a text based adventure game ... :ROFLMAO:
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

lizkat

Reaction score
Punch card and teletype, nothing beats taking 15 minutes to do a "turn left" in a text based adventure game ... :ROFLMAO:

Hah, and meanwhile time-sharing via CompuServe... but there were always too many eyeballs looking over our shoulders as we patched COBOL or Fortran code, back when a lot of NYC investment firms leased lines and time at a hub of PDP-10s up in Connecticut.

So we had to wait for PCs and the advent of Zork for adventure gaming... and the start of computer gaming in general as a time waster off the job... one still wonders if the divorce rate jump was "somehow" related.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Will never understand how we came to where we were in 2015-2016. It's like trying to figure out which butterfly was responsible for having launched some breeze that ended up as a Gulf hurricane. It's too easy to say it was a backlash against Obama, or even the natural culmination of years of both parties going down a self-serving path.

I've started to look at it the other way around, i.e.: what kept all these nutjobs quiet? They were always around, but not nearly as vocal during other D presidents, but not even during any previous R presidents! They were listening to Rush Limbaugh, making racist jokes quietly over in the corner, and they were held in check.

Even when things were pretty divisive, during the Obama terms, I never saw rampant F*** OBAMA shirts and hats, because there wasn't a single, unifying bully at the top, so they all just kept their mouths shut.

And that's my theory: is they're psychologically like bullies - and like most bullies they're f***ing cowards, they only act when they're confident they have the upper hand, and when the president is also a bully, that gives them what they perceived as the biggest upper hand. They're not completely wrong either - when the president, by way of the courts, by sycophantic worship, is able to do anything, say anything, with impunity, it's the bully paradise and that opened the floodgates - and unfortunately I don't think those gates can't be closed again.

lizkat

Reaction score
I've started to look at it the other way around, i.e.: what kept all these nutjobs quiet? They were always around, but not nearly as vocal during other D presidents, but not even during any previous R presidents! They were listening to Rush Limbaugh, making racist jokes quietly over in the corner, and they were held in check.

Even when things were pretty divisive, during the Obama terms, I never saw rampant F*** OBAMA shirts and hats, because there wasn't a single, unifying bully at the top, so they all just kept their mouths shut.

And that's my theory: is they're psychologically like bullies - and like most bullies they're f***ing cowards, they only act when they're confident they have the upper hand, and when the president is also a bully, that gives them what they perceived as the biggest upper hand. They're not completely wrong either - when the president, by way of the courts, by sycophantic worship, is able to do anything, say anything, with impunity, it's the bully paradise and that opened the floodgates - and unfortunately I don't think those gates can't be closed again.
I won't ever discount the impact of the hat-in-ring speech Trump made after his descent down that escalator in the Trump Tower in the summer of 2015. On that day, he put the green light up for "those nutjobs" to bring their advocacy of white supremacy to the public square.

Sure, some of the racist and xenophobic remarks of that launch speech were buried in 45 minutes of Trump touting his own (vastly inflated) business acumen and personal wealth, all while delivering a faux anti-establishment pitch discontented Americans on both left and right in the USA.

But the racism was right out there, even though some media outlets didn't focus on it. Others, including Fox, did highlight Trump's casually vile remarks about Mexicans, which suited other right-leaning media because they knew the left would erupt in outrage, and that they could then focus on "owning the libs" for the next 17 months. Trump ran his faux populist pitch about making America great again, while the left eventually mourned Bernie's defeat and kinda-sorta tolerated the idea of Clinton's resurrected "turn" as next logical Democrat to compete for our highest elective office.

The fact that we were in a populist frame of mind on both left and right certainly didn't hurt Trump's chances in the primaries or the general election either. What stunned most of us, though, including Trump himself, was that in November, we actually elected someone so ill suited to the job he'd won.

What shouldn't have surprised us was Trump inviting white supremacists off the porch and into the White House after his victory. Seeing the likes of Stephen Miller land in the White House to guide policy on immigration was a wakeup call that came about 18 months too late for both political parties.

See maybe where we went wrong was trying to analyze either "what makes Trump tick" or "what makes voters go for Trump?". The real point, the real challenge and tasks at hand were always to figure out what to do if he won. He has made that difficult to impossible, just by running all his proto-fascist ploys by the seat of his pants; it's all guided strictly by his narcissism plus a sense honed over decades of how to appeal personally to mases of people looking for entertainment.

Just reacting to Trump is also a mistake, it's like reacting to a three year old after too much sugar. The resulting chaos draws one in and makes one forget how to initiate, how to flip the discussion back to what is real, what is feasible, what is needed in America. But no, we chase after the outrageous tweet or remark dropped into some rambling speech.

The GOP is finally starting to wise up to the downside of letting Trump's insanity wag their dog, but meanwhile the country fell off a cliff in so many ways that one wonders if we can ever recover. Biden's a start and a caretaker (a needed one, clearly) but the way forward after that seems more precarious than it did at the start of the 2020 campaigns back in 2019.

The Dems are so easily distracted. The GOP for all its faults is like a pit bull once it finds its talking points on any given subject. I like that the Dems are more open minded but sometimes we need a referee to blow a whistle and focus on the play at hand. It's why I still like Pelosi as leader in the House, but that's different to a chief executive and I'm not looking for a strongman in the WH.

As for Trump followers, loud minority that they are, they most definitely are looking for a strongman, their guy now and forever. I'm hoping the GOP is setting up to disappoint them in 2024, but past that I'm hoping they also don't want to continue touting the strongman model for an American prez.

I should think the Republican establishment would have been as alarmed as the rest of us by some of Trump's ad hoc capers while he was pressing all the levers of power he could reach while he was in office. Time to wrest back a little more congressional power to restore balance.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump is politically dead on arrival in more and more of the Republican Party circles that matter, and he also lacks the common sense to shut up, lawyer up and start hoping for the best in the resolution of his assorted legal difficulties. He's an increasingly pathetic figure. His comments on international affairs after Putin's invasion of Ukraine only accelerate the decline in his relevance to Amercan politics.

EDIT: [ in my considered opinion, of course. ]
If you recall once upon a time 2015, the Republican Power Structure wanted nothing to do with this Ass Hat until their loser base and outsiders, newly acquired mini-turds decided this oozing POS was their savior.

Of course they (GOP Leadership) had to rub themselves in feces to adapt and if it happens again, although I think it is unlikely, except I think we have few states who have changed their laws to conviently remove any Trump-Traitors overseeing elections so they can toss any election results where he does not win, I think it’s possible, unless he has really imploded with the Republican base. My understanding is some/all of his efforts to reassert himself with Service Me Rallies and his upside down named social media app has fizziled recently.

So there is hope the self destructive political insanity might only set us back a decade instead of destroy the US. And for those that are religious we can thank God and the rest thank our lucky stars that this pretend human no longer has the ability to stick knives in NATO while french kissing Vlad.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
well at least slavery was real.
That is today’s GOP dilemma, they can’t win on real issues so they have to make shit up to the country’s detriment and their own advancement. :mad: I keep hoping sanity will prevail and this political party will be relegated to the dustbin of history when stabbing fellow citizens was fashionable.

Top Bottom
1 2