Dual monitors

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered an external monitor on Friday, and Amazon delivered it to me today. Nothing fancy, just an inexpensive HP. I am over trying to minimize Word and Safari enough to keep them both on screen while I create references in APA format. I am also over trying to follow my Stats professor’s Live session while trying to follow along in SPSS simultaneously - on one MacBook screen.

Eventually I may even get an external keyboard and mouse and use the MBP in clamshell mode. Meanwhile, I’m pretty happy.

Pardon my mess.

49ACE058-36C0-44C2-A1A8-6E5C9B31B438.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, when I had a MBP, I kept it closed up, and used two external displays with an external KB and mouse. I mean, technically, I could've used the built-in display and had a 3rd monitor, I tried it, was handy for like local services output, but it wound up consuming too much desktop.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I went ahead and ordered an external monitor on Friday, and Amazon delivered it to me today. Nothing fancy, just an inexpensive HP. I am over trying to minimize Word and Safari enough to keep them both on screen while I create references in APA format. I am also over trying to follow my Stats professor’s Live session while trying to follow along in SPSS simultaneously - on one MacBook screen.

Eventually I may even get an external keyboard and mouse and use the MBP in clamshell mode. Meanwhile, I’m pretty happy.

Pardon my mess.

View attachment 566
Sensible addition, in today's digital world real estate is key. I work for multiple clients from home and have several computers/laptops running at any point during the day. I also buy a cheap additional monitors, no point in spending a lot for that unless you're gaming or something IMO.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fortunately, I have a USB-C mini-dock for the Mac. It has a single HDMI port, so it was perfect for this. I’m wondering whether it would be worth getting an HDMI to USB-C adaptor.

Any thoughts?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Fortunately, I have a USB-C mini-dock for the Mac. It has a single HDMI port, so it was perfect for this. I’m wondering whether it would be worth getting an HDMI to USB-C adaptor.

Any thoughts?
If it's me I would stick with what you have. I only bought the HDMI to USB-C adaptor because I had no other choice.

U

User.45

Any thoughts?
Is the screen 4K? If so you should double check whether the refresh rate is 60Hz so it's less choppy. There's an app called Stay which can save the display layout of windows. I bought it, don't use it regularly...but some find it helpful

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the screen 4K? If so you should double check whether the refresh rate is 60Hz so it's less choppy. There's an app called Stay which can save the display layout of windows. I bought it, don't use it regularly...but some find it helpful

No, it’s a cheap monitor. I don’t do heavy graphics.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hooked up my old 4K TV as a second screen. It helps when I have 5 papers on the screen.

If I’d kept the old tv I would definitely have used that, but I usually give away big stuff when I’ve replaced it just for the sake of space.

Top Bottom
1 2