Electric Vehicles: Tesla specific talk, current firmware, purchasing, modifications

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The new feature (at least that I've recently noticed) is where it shows the predicted battery level upon arriving at your destination worked perfectly for me this weekend. at around 100 miles away with a lot of variables, hills, high temps, etc. it nailed it exactly.

Also got this warning before leaving so I knew to hit the supercharger a little early for my 10 minute quick charge.

Greenshot 2022-09-05 11.21.35.png

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
A co-worker drove us to lunch in his Tesla. He showed it off: 0-50 in >3 seconds, farts while the turn signals are on, etc. Fun for sure, but too rich for my blood.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Woot! Got my 2022.24.5 this morning :D

And pretty quickly, I got my 24.5 replaced with 24.6 (right when we pulled in last night ...) 3 days, that might be the shortest time between updates since we've owned it.

A co-worker drove us to lunch in his Tesla. He showed it off: 0-50 in >3 seconds, farts while the turn signals are on, etc. Fun for sure, but too rich for my blood.

Well, he TOLD YOU it was the car that was farting ... :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

We stayed in a BFNowhere place that had SCs in the parking lot.

Wow, that's a neat photo!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
download it and see if it has the geotag I added

EXIF looks all stripped out.

Area 51?

:D

Tesla crew at the Portofino, love that free juice so the 260 mile round trip cost ~$4 :D

IMG_1874_1920.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A co-worker drove us to lunch in his Tesla. He showed it off: 0-50 in >3 seconds, farts while the turn signals are on, etc.
Any car that farts on command is worth the extra money.

Fun for sure, but too rich for my blood.
Prices are comparable with any other luxury car, not to mention trucks. The one I drive now is cheaper than my last BMW.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And pretty quickly, I got my 24.5 replaced with 24.6 (right when we pulled in last night ...) 3 days, that might be the shortest time between updates since we've owned it.

Looks like lucky number 7 is getting skipped, I'm current installing x.24.8 :D

cloudflare420

Power User
Reaction score

There is a pretty major SC hole about 30-40 minutes west of Philly. Checked TMC last night and two different locations are now under construction :cool:

EDIT: it's actually THREE

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That will be pretty dense coverage when they're done!

There's a charger desert in the middle of mid/north-central Florida, that's Palatka and Starke (you hear a lot of banjo playing in that area ...), the hope is a few Wawas and/or Buc-ee's get built with SuC (Wawas seem to do this as SOP, Buc-ee's had said they will as well, but have been slow).

1662833458601.png

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
So I got 10.69.2. So far I haven’t noticed too much of a difference vs 10.12. I guess I’ll update if anything changes.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
BTW make sure you update the app to 4.13.1, 4.12.x was causing a lot more wake up events with the car and I was seeing a good bit more vampire drain than I had seen in the past. Like 2-3% a day vs. 1% every 2-3 days like the previous 12 months - it’s pretty much back to that. :cool:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The CCS1 adapter is currently available! Better grab one if you're interested, this like this tend to go OOS for months:

I got mine :)

1663791432266.png

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
I am tempted to order it just to have it, but I have yet to need to charge at a supercharger let alone a third-party fast charger ( outside of me trying out the charger at the airport).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I am tempted to order it just to have it, but I have yet to need to charge at a supercharger let alone a third-party fast charger ( outside of me trying out the charger at the airport).

Yeah, I figured order it, leave it in the car, in the box, if it's never used, just sell it. Kind of digging on just the idea of having additional DCFC options when traveling.

Hahaha, the adapter gives you a sense of the absurd size difference in charging connectors ...

1663795558600.png