FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a link to this, but the latest I can find states that, so far, Dearie has only requested evidence that Trump sought to declassify the information. You got one I can check out?
Sorry about that I was on my way out the door, and was a little too anxious about what I saw, that I didn't actually look at the supplied link. Unfortunately its relinked story from Washington Examiner on MSN. So not worth the edit I did.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If there was any real justice all these lies and stonewalling would just lead to more severe punishment to the point that nobody would attempt this type of shit. He's done more damage to the country than any foreign terrorist attack and has ushered in the exact destabilization our enemies long for. At minimum, the government should at least provide the illusion of security and stability for its citizens. Trump and Trumpism has done nothing but tell everybody we're fucked and that goes for everybody from his supporters to his haters.
Trump is an anarchist as far as tearing down existing Federal Authority to be replaced by his own control in the new corrupt, FSA- Fascist States of America.

Last edited:

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Nervous about this morning, will the 11 Circuit Court rule in favor of the stay? Will Cannon fire Dearie? Is there any traction on the twitter rumor that the Chief Justice of the 11th Circuit coordinated with the 11 AGs who submitted the Amicus brief? Picked a bad month to quit drinking.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So far I'm really liking Judge Dearie. I'm guessing trump's legal team feel differently.

We've moved to the lightning round of Trump's "best people" flipping to "deep state hack" by the next day. The only thing shocking is people continue to signup to get on the train.

Lately I've been thinking about how the growth of the US in the beginning was largely driven by European conmen promising a way better reality than what people got when they hit the shores. Then "optimism" replaced "being a sucker" in the mythology. Now we're a bunch of suckers with zero optimism.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
What I really love about this story is that Judge Dearie was picked by trumps' attorneys.

DOJ attorneys, who likely had a much better understanding of Dearie's demeanor and history, were no doubt gobsmacked and couldn't approve fast enough.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
What I really love about this story is that Judge Dearie was picked by trumps' attorneys.

DOJ attorneys, who likely had a much better understanding of Dearie's demeanor and history, were no doubt gobsmacked and couldn't approve fast enough.
They picked him, but now are saying he doesn't understand Cannon's instructions. Not a good strategy. However, I don't like the idea that Cannon can overrule his findings and or remove him. If Cannon does dismiss Dearie, I think it would certainly put the Trump team and Cannon in a corner for the DoJ to appeal and possibly find bias against Cannon.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Nervous about this morning, will the 11 Circuit Court rule in favor of the stay? Will Cannon fire Dearie? Is there any traction on the twitter rumor that the Chief Justice of the 11th Circuit coordinated with the 11 AGs who submitted the Amicus brief? Picked a bad month to quit drinking.

Imagine if this is the month Trump's physician finally told him to give up hamberders fries and diet cokes.

lizkat

Reaction score
They picked him, but now are saying he doesn't understand Cannon's instructions. Not a good strategy. However, I don't like the idea that Cannon can overrule his findings and or remove him. If Cannon does dismiss Dearie, I think it would certainly put the Trump team and Cannon in a corner for the DoJ to appeal and possibly find bias against Cannon.

I have trouble thinking that Cannon would go so far as to dismiss Dearie. In his first public hearing, Dearie has only indicated his inclination to withhold any documents with classified markings from Trump team review if the Trump lawyers are not willing to affirm that there ARE docs there that Trump DID declassify.

Sure the remark memorandizes a catch-22 situation for Trump (not that the lawyers were unaware of it), but it was a perfectly logical remark for the circumstances and anyway as a remark --even if viewed as a warning shot across the bow-- it doesn't seem strong enough to justify a dismissal of a special master. The consequent reaction from legal community would not likely do either Trump or Cannon any favors.

Remarkable restraint so far from DoJ in not just hiring a sky-writing plane to tow a banner across Mar a Lago: STOP STALLING DUE PROCESS.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Imagine if this is the month Trump's physician finally told him to give up hamberders fries and diet cokes.
and just stick with buckets of fried chicken?

Let's not forget that the corrupt White House doctor declared borderline obese, junk food consuming and non-exercising Trump to be in excellent health. Before the 2016 election, another corrupt doctor said he would be the "healthiest individual ever elected" to office. And we can go further back when another doctor declared Trump to have bone spurs. That was believed to be a favor to Trump's father as he was one of his tenants.

Trump has a lifelong record of corruption which is all the more astonishing as he seems so far to have gotten away with it except in two cases that I know of. One was the fine for his bogus Trump University. The other was the fine for illegally using Trump Foundation funds. "Trump charity" should be a dictionary example of an oxymoron.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
how times has this happened with trump? his lackey turns against him?
Can a Regan appointee truly be considered a lackey though? I’m sure Trump would like to think he is, because Trump thinks the GOP and anyone aligned with right wing politics is ”his guy”.

I have trouble thinking that Cannon would go so far as to dismiss Dearie. In his first public hearing, Dearie has only indicated his inclination to withhold any documents with classified markings from Trump team review if the Trump lawyers are not willing to affirm that there ARE docs there that Trump DID declassify.

Sure the remark memorandizes a catch-22 situation for Trump (not that the lawyers were unaware of it), but it was a perfectly logical remark for the circumstances and anyway as a remark --even if viewed as a warning shot across the bow-- it doesn't seem strong enough to justify a dismissal of a special master. The consequent reaction from legal community would not likely do either Trump or Cannon any favors.
Agreed. And I’d even say that because Dearie is the pick from Trump’s side, there’s a stronger argument to be made that Trump’s lawyers shouldn’t get to call for dismissal either. You shouldn’t get to pick the special master and then call for dismissal claiming bias. At least historically, judges tend to frown on lawyers playing those sort of games.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I’m enjoying reading the decision.

Plaintiff suggests that he may have declassified these docu- ments when he was President. But the record contains no evidence that any of these records were declassified. And before the special master, Plaintiff resisted providing any evidence that he had declas- sified any of these documents. See Doc. No. 97 at 2–3., Sept. 19, 2022, letter from James M. Trusty, et al., to Special Master Ray- mond J. Dearie, at 2–3. In any event, at least for these purposes, the declassification argument is a red herring because declassifying an official document would not change its content or render it per- sonal. So even if we assumed that Plaintiff did declassify some or all of the documents, that would not explain why he has a personal interest in them.
This factor—the Plaintiff’s personal interest (or lack thereof) in the documents—also weighs against exercising jurisdiction.

Looks like Judge Cannon is an exception, not the norm. Thank god. They rip her pretty well here too, in legalese.

I’m so glad they directly called his argument about declassification a red herring. That’s what it is, and it needed to be called that instead of looking for reasons to placate Trump. I’m willing to grant the judge the benefit of a doubt that maybe she just wanted this off her plate and to stay out of Trump’s warpath, but who knows.

Either way, this whole process won’t buy Trump much time.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
We have heard many, many, MANY reports that there are many in the GOP who hate Trump, and say so amongst themselves.

I wonder if some of these conservative judges and other behind-the-scenes people of power aren’t actually 100% cheering for Trump’s downfall. That doesn’t mean they need to be corrupt or have a vendetta; the harshest thing they can do to Trump is to legitimately follow the laws, as they seem to be doing thus far, Judge Cannon aside.

lizkat

Reaction score
Was prowling around reading more newspapers' accounts of the 11th Circuit Court's decision... ran into note about the panel's makeup in the NYT piece (paywall removed)

The appellate panel consisted of two other Trump appointees, Judges Britt Grant and Andrew L. Brasher, and Judge Robin S. Rosenbaum, an Obama appointee.

So it's nice Trump can't lay it off on being biased because of source of appointments. Two were his.

Top Bottom
1 2