RIP Gary Rossington

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
He was the last living member of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Dead at 71.

I saw him perform as both a member of the Rossington Collins band and as part of the reunification tour of Lynyrd Skynyrd (pre-1995).

There is a really good documentary about the band called If I Leave Here Tomorrow and he was one of the main contributors.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He was the last living member of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Dead at 71.

I saw him perform as both a member of the Rossington Collins band and as part of the reunification tour of Lynyrd Skynyrd (pre-1995).

There is a really good documentary about the band called If I Leave Here Tomorrow and he was one of the main contributors.
The last member of the band that led an era in southern rock, RIP. They left us with a great catalog of music.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
There is a certain irony to the fact that several Lynyrd Skynyrd songs are widely hated, not due to any problem with the songs themselves but because various DJs just had to play than right into the dirt. Freebird, anyone?
Definitely some controversial songs but as a musician who grew playing their songs in bands they were technical fantastic players all around, particularly their guitar hooks and leads.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Going to high school in Maine during the 80s you were required to love classic rock and I heard much LS.

This song I didn’t hear back then because I swear it got no radio play like some other LS songs. Only became aware during the music streaming era. Similar situation with Vienna by Billy Joel.

Top Bottom
1 2