Gurman: Apple moving towards [just some?] thinner products

Most interesting question to me is just: is this a move in general or are they going to add new SKUs explicitly for this purpose?

The iPad Pro was kind of just doing it for one, at least for now with where the Air is. He suggests thinner MacBook Pros, which would basically set the MacBook lineup as thin entirely.

iPhone seems to be partial?

Do you have a link? I haven't seen any M4 die shots yet, just the Apple "lots of unlabeled rectangles which may or may not be meaningful" marketing image.
This is the image I have seen discussed. The bottom right area is what’s drawing interest.
1718756805980.png

I just thought of a thing I would like in a notebook, which is not a thickess concern and of how it could work. I want ten-key. It is a huge advantage in a desktop, to have the big keyboard. What occurs to me is that a ten-key could occupy the lower margin.

But, you would be hitting those keys all the time while typing? Pretty simple: you put a subtle ridge next to the pad, and then you add a cap sensor that can inform the keyboard that your palm is there so ignore the keypad. The keys would be a little smaller, and/or laid out differently, but I would still prefer to have them than not.

Back