Holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) in the age of Coronavirus

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A solo Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here. It's just safer all the way around, with this stupid Omicron attacking both the unvaccinated and the vaccinated.

Agreed.

And a solo Christmas Eve and a solo Christmas Day, here, too.

As was the case last year.

Decent Brother & I only received our booster shots this week - Other Brother and my German sister-in-law had received theirs a few days earlier - otherwise, Decent Brother would possibly have joined me.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Agreed.

And a solo Christmas Eve and a solo Christmas Day, here, too.

As was the case last year.

Decent Brother & I only received our booster shots this week - Other Brother and my German sister-in-law had received theirs a few days earlier - otherwise, Decent Brother would possibly have joined me.

Flurries of phone calls are about the extent of celebrations for my family this season too, although we often postpone Christmas festivities until spring anyway. A young niece who teaches elementary school age kids in Philadelphia has tested positive --probably the omicron variant-- despite vaccinations and booster. She's annoyed not to be able to join a small group upstate -- her brother, dad and two close friends of the family (all also vaxxed and boostered) for a traditional Christmas Eve thing --a group-prepared chicken parmagiana dinner!-- that they've done together since the kids, now college grads, were in grade school themselves. So that break in tradition is disappointing, but they'll make a video call to her in Philly and try to make the best of it... and we're all grateful that my niece's symptoms have been very minor.

At least the weather offered some holiday cheer in the hills here this morning. I was wakened at 5 by the sound of a plow going by and realized we were going to have a least a snow-dusted Christmas Eve, even if there's a forecast of freezing rain and then just rain going to wipe that out overnight. Nice to see it this morning though, a couple inches of fresh snow on lawns and rooftops. Love how it reflects the light even on a grey day!

Top Bottom
1 2