I have done something very bad

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
As fun as it is, don't reply to these emails, if you value that email address. If you reply, your email address becomes worth more on the scam market, because it's verified active.
^ Yes, common sense.

Also, they haven't told on me yet so that's good.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
I've had a bunch of these this year. Seems like a new type of bs scam.

You’d be surprised, it’s an old blackmail scam that resurfaces every now and then. I used to be quite active in the Scam Baiting community about 16 years ago and had great fun communicating with some of Nigeria’s finest. I’d like to think many of us wasted enough of their time that it saved a few vulnerable people from falling victim. I once got a death threat from a charming Prince who wasted a whole day on an overcrowded bus to Lagos (twice), where he thought he was collecting payment from me lol. Great fun.

U

User.45

You’d be surprised, it’s an old blackmail scam that resurfaces every now and then. I used to be quite active in the Scam Baiting community about 16 years ago and had great fun communicating with some of Nigeria’s finest. I’d like to think many of us wasted enough of their time that it saved a few vulnerable people from falling victim. I once got a death threat from a charming Prince who wasted a whole day on an overcrowded bus to Lagos (twice), where he thought he was collecting payment from me lol. Great fun.
As a Nigerian prince, I find these hilarious too. The most impressive case was when I advertised an Access Virus B synthesizer module in the local classifieds (not even in English) and somebody wrote me in English that I should ship it to Nigeria and they'll pay once received. Haha:D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
They said I’d been doing something naughty in front of my computer screen.

In my case they were totally right, so I sent them back a payment account, assumed they wanted a subscription.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I don’t know. There’s the run-on sentence in the middle “paragraph”—if that’s what they are. It’s hard to tell when there’s no white space between them.

Someone once told me that the poor spelling and grammar are quite intentional in scam emails. They know that a large percentage of the population either won't fall for their nonsense, or it will take a lot of effort. So they toss that stuff in there to intentionally weed those people out. Basically, they don't want smart people clogging up the system. It lets them focus on their target audience.

I can't honestly say if there's any truth to that or not. But it sure sounds plausible.

Top Bottom
1 2