I Love the Public Broadcasting System

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
On the radio known as NPR. They share some programming with the BBC I think. That’s how we got to watch Downton Abbey in the States... I think. :)

3C06F7AA-3027-485B-8A5F-67BDC358A73E.jpeg

I learned today during a quiz show on NPR, that Orcas, Killer Whales are not whales, but dolphins! And the confusion, might come from them being called Killers of Whales.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I heard an interview yesterday with a program director at PBS and they look for shows being produced in England that they want to invest in and then they get broadcast rights. I’m not sure how much they are involved in the story development process, or how responsible they are for the show being created up front. We have enjoyed Masterpiece Theater, including Downton Abbey, Grantchester, and Indian Summers.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
PBR - The station that gave America Dr Who, Downtown Abby, Morse, Sherlock, Endeavor...and Are you Being Served? & Benny Hill....

🤪
Benny Hill is one of my favorite shows ever, I went out and purchased the entire series on DVD and then ripped them all into my Plex so I can enjoy that cheeky bastard every night before bed. I know he's not for everyone but it's my kind of humor.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a former student who, 15 yers later will still text me when he’s just watched a particularly humorous episode of Are You Being Served or Keeping Up Appearances.

U

User.191

I have a former student who, 15 yers later will still text me when he’s just watched a particularly humorous episode of Are You Being Served or Keeping Up Appearances.
I lived Keeping up... Literally.

My grandparents no only were Hyacinth and Richard in the flesh (esp. My grandmother) but they lived in Binley Woods where the bungalow that stood in for the Bouquet Residence was located.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Grantchester Season 4 Episode 2- Sidney Chambers the sleuth vicar finds a new surprising path. Shocking for someone watching this series for the first time. :)

Top Bottom
1 2