If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Mojo Nixon is great! Haven't heard that song in decades :D

Speaking of Elvis ...

1) Watching Bubba Ho-tep this weekend :cool:

2) We were at Universal City Walk 20-something years ago, in what used to be City Jazz, they had all sorts of live acts, we caught these guys:

I just recently stumbled on a CD I bought at the show, they were super fun.

IMG_1404_1920.jpg

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy hell, that was off the charts! Wow!

My thoughts as well. Quite a few outstanding performances there. Susan Tedeschi vocals. drummer Stephen Perkins (Bonham would be smiling from above), Mihirangi the Maori singer, and many more.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And now, I am listening to two classic, timeless, ageless, absolutely brilliant, albums, both by Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon and Animals.

Superb.

Ah, yes. Well, I was sixteen when I bought this pair of albums, (as LPs, not even CDs - they hadn't yet been invented..), almost immediately before (DSOTM), and very shortly after (Animals) school broke up for the summer holidays; I won't bore you with how often I listened (endlessly) to both albums that summer, but yes, that was quite some time ago, sometime, in the last century......

Sometimes, you forget just how good some of the music you have in your music library actually is.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This afternoon, while in an old-style shop (I needed stuff scanned), with courteous and competent staff, a music station (dedicated to such things) was playing classic rock and pop; two of the songs that I listened to while my business was being attended to, were The Boxer, by Simon & Garfunkel; and Vienna by Ultravox.

Classic stuff. Wonderful.

Top Bottom
1 2